Internal Audit Manager
In Canada, Rexel Canada Electrical Inc., headquartered in Mississauga, ON, goes to market under three customer-facing wholesale electrical products distribution banners: Westburne, Nedco and Rexel Atlantic. Between these three banners, Rexel Canada operates 189 branch locations staffed by 2300 employees. Branch replenishment supported by 12 strategically-located, regional central distribution centers. All central distribution centers and branch inventory is visible and available for customer order fulfillment through one seamless back-office business operating system.
About the Role
The Internal Auditor Manager based in Mississauga, reporting into the CFO/VP Admin & finance as well as the VP Group audit will prepare a comprehensive program of internal audit within the Company and conduct audits for management to assess the effectiveness of internal control, accuracy of financial controls, and efficiency of operations. He is also in charge to coordinate the risk mapping process for the organization. The Internal Audit Manager will be the primary point of contact with Group Internal Audit Department.
What You'll Do
- Work with local management as well as Group Internal Audit to assess key risks areas and identify audit requirements.
- Under the supervision of Group Internal Audit in Paris and in coordination with Canada management:
- Build & communicate the audit plan, and
- Execute the audit plan when appropriate with the support of Group audit teams for specific processes audits.
- Perform process review audits & branch audits utilizing established guidelines to analyze the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with Group and Canada procedures.
- Organization and preparation of audits,
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of efficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies and procedures.
- Maintenance & improvement of audit methodology,
- Reports review, validation and communication
- Develop recommendations that will facilitate local entities compliance with policies and regulations.
- Communicate audit results and recommendations both orally and in writing to the appropriate management.
- Schedule and conduct presentations at meetings with auditees and management as needed.
- Follow-up of all action plans determined after the audit in coordination with the Group audit team.
- Prepare & participate in Canada Audit Committees.
- Coordinate internal control activities within Canada.
- Coordinate & support the BoRG self-assessment campaign:
- Assist, when required, process owners in understanding BoRG requirements,
- Ensure consistency of answers throughout Canada, and
- Ensure follow up of action plans implementation.
- Assist Canada and local entities in driving operational excellence initiatives in terms of internal control & risk mitigations.
Risk mapping and Fraud reporting
- Implement and coordinate the local risk mapping
- Be the central point of contact for all fraud and prepare the quarterly reporting to Group
- Conducts special studies for management such as those to discover mechanics of detected fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention.
Who Are You
- You have a high degree of personal initiative, excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills are required.
- You have been successful at building effective relationships at different levels within the organization.
- You have the ability to data-mine, analyze and interpret information at a high level so as to report conclusions and make recommendations is critical.
- You have demonstrated business acumen, i.e. having a sound understanding of the larger business environment.
- You have a good understanding of IT audit issues.
- You have about 10 years of experience in external or internal audit, with a recognized accounting and internal audit designations, preferably CPA, CIA.
What Is Next
- If this is the right position for you, click apply
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
- If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
You are applying for:
Internal Audit Manager