Junior Cost Accountant
Our home base, could be yours too.
As a Junior Cost Accountant, you are based in Calgary and are responsible for assisting the accounting team for the Single-Family Division.
- A Day in the life of a Junior Cost Accountant:
- Assist the Cost Accountants with collating information and recording of house closings (revenue)
- Record deposits and closing funds and journalize in accounting system
- Accounting for 4 small entities in QuickBooks and Broker Wolf
- Publication of monthly financial statements for distribution to the Executive team
- Preparation of monthly intercompany reconciliations and invoices
- Assist with monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly GST rebate forms
- Preparation of monthly Visa card reconciliations
- Assist with information requests from other departments/external business partners
- Assist with the transition to EFT
- Assist with year end audits
- Assist with quarterly reforecasting and annual budget preparation
- Other duties to assist the accounting team as required
What you will bring to the table:
- Minimum 1 year of accounting experience - bookkeeping and co-op terms are acceptable
- Accounting diploma is preferred
- Must have a sense of urgency and be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office working knowledge, particularly in Excel
- High level of motivation, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Proactive nature with the ability to multi-task
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
As a 2019 Best Managed Company, we will provide you the following:
- Flexible health and dental coverage
- Customized Training Programs
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Employee Discounts
- On-Site Gym
- Extensive community and volunteer involvement
Do you see the magic? Are you ready to be part of the lifestyle? Join the award winning Jayman BUILT team and contribute to our exceptional track record, with over 26 thousand homes built in the last 39 years.
Please apply through Fitzii at https://www.fitzii.com/apply/43211 by September 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency inquiries please.
You are applying for:
Junior Cost Accountant