Want to engage in meaningful work with a great team? Join BlueDot, a digital health company that protects people around the world from infectious diseases with human and artificial intelligence.
Visual Designer (Marketing + User Interface Design)
We are seeking a creative and versatile Visual Designer to join our growing design team. As a visual designer at BlueDot, you will apply your craft to both producing pixel-perfect user interfaces for our products and creating a consistent look and feel for BlueDot’s digital and print marketing assets. This role is a rare opportunity to apply your design thinking to both the development and promotion of socially meaningful, innovative technologies in global health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with user experience designers and the team at large to ideate and prototype products all the way through to production
- Design web & mobile interfaces and interactions, data visualizations, illustrations, icons, and other visual products and assets that contribute towards BlueDot’s products
- Work with BlueDot’s design and marketing teams to establish and evolve company brand guidelines, as they apply to marketing collateral and the product suite
- Design key digital and print marketing collateral for brand awareness, sales enablement, client success initiatives, and online presence (including the BlueDot website, blog, digital campaigns, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and communicate design priorities, champion the brand and our users, and promote high design standards
- Be a key player in a closely knit and dedicated design team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience as a visual designer with a marketing and/or product team
- Outstanding visual skills with obsessive attention to detail towards typography, grids, hierarchy, colour, and more
- Advanced proficiency with both vector- and raster-authoring tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Proficiency with interaction prototyping tools (Principle, Framer, InVision, etc.)
- Proficiency with video, animation, and motion graphics tools is an asset (AfterEffects, etc.)
- A passion for applying design talents to solving important social problems
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases with human and artificial intelligence. We help governments protect their citizens, hospitals protect their staff and patients, and businesses protect their employees and customers.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater. We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks.
BlueDot is composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of scientists, mavericks, data geeks, design thinkers, and do-gooders united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease. Drawing from a range of expertise – epidemiology, medicine, ecology, mathematical modelling, geospatial analytics, data science & engineering, design, and development – BlueDot hires people who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
Together, we can create a healthier and safer world.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for: