Our home-base could be yours too.
For 39 years, Jayman BUILT has continually redefined the way new homes are built, bought and, most importantly, lived in. Participating in community developments in the Greater Calgary and Greater Edmonton areas. For more information, visit www.jayman.com
We currently have an opening for a Payroll Advisor, reporting to the Director, People and Culture. The Payroll Advisor is responsible for all aspects of company payroll, including payroll-related accounting. This role works collaboratively with our Human Resources Generalist and company leaders, applying payroll expertise to ensure a positive employee experience and compliance with regulations and legislation.
A Day in the life of a Payroll Advisor:
- Complete all payroll-related functions, including coordinating timely transmission of all standard and non-standard payments such as final pays and bonuses.
- Prepare forms such as Records of Employment, income tax forms, and remittances.
- Act as the Payroll Subject Matter Expert, responding to inquiries from management and employees and providing guidance and recommendations for problem resolution.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Manage the CRA Payroll accounts for six companies.
- Create payroll journals for six companies.
- Complete payroll-related accounting reconciliations and research discrepancies.
- Verify payroll-related information such as time sheets, direct deposits, commission reports and benefit reports.
- Manage the year-end payroll process, including any adjustments for taxable benefits.
- Meet with financial auditors on a semi-annual basis to review processes and supply reporting documentation as requested.
- Provide data/analytics to leaders to support business reporting, planning and management.
- Enter data and maintain accurate Payroll and HR information systems and files.
- Communicate with a variety of internal end external parties (payroll system provider, provincial/federal agencies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate processing of payroll and required deductions and garnishments.
- Provide back-up to our HR Generalist as required.
- Make recommendations leading to innovation and continuous improvement in our employee experience and the performance of our team.
What you will bring to the table:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Human Resources Management.
- Current Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation from the Canadian Payroll Association
- 5+ years’ accountability for payroll and government statutory remittances.
- 8+ years’ experience in a payroll or accounting role.
- 2+ years’ experience with ADP’s Workforce Now.
- CPHR designation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of CRA regulations, employment legislation and associated regulatory bodies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Organization and flexibility to adapt to multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent ability level with MS Office suite.
As a Platinum-Level Best Managed Company in Canada, we will provide you:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program
- Flexible health and dental coverage
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Employee Discounts
- On-site gym
- Reward and recognition programs
- Extensive community and volunteer involvement
Join the award winning Jayman BUILT team and contribute to our exceptional track record, with over 26 thousand homes built in the last 39 years.
Please apply through Fitzii at https://www.fitzii.com/apply/43157 by September 15, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency inquiries please.
You are applying for: