Durward Jones Barkwell is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara/Hamilton/Halton region with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. The firm was founded in 1940 and features a dynamic group of professionals including 27 partners and 23 managers.
"Big enough to know, small enough to care." At DJB, these are the words we live by. We value our clients and taking care of their unique needs is what drives our business. As part of our team, you will realize that to us nothing is trivial. We have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. We do all this while remaining personally involved with our clients and the communities where we work and live.
Our St. Catharines office has an immediate opening for a full-time Accounting Technician.
Reporting to Partners and Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining books of accounts; journal entries, reconciliations
- Supporting clients with bookkeeping assistance
- Preparing financial statements and related year end files, using Caseware and Caseview
- Preparing corporate and personal income tax returns
- Calculating and preparing GST/HST, payroll and other government remittances
- Preparing T4s and T5s
- Recording investments either using Excel or using specific software program
- Assisting with certain administrative functions as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education, with a focus in accounting preferred
- Bookkeeping experience is considered an asset
- Experience in a public accounting firm considered an asset
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is preferred and a definite asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Prior experience in a professional accounting practice is preferred; however, suitable experience and strong academic background will be considered.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work/life balance and summer hours
- Professional development, learning, and growth support
- A variety of community involvement opportunities
- An awesome team of employees who desires to see everyone succeed!
If you are a confident, dedicated and hard working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to clients, we would we love to hear from you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, DJB will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
You are applying for:
Durward Jones Barkwell & Company LLP
St. Catharines, ON