Inside Automation Sales Specialist
Westburne is much more than electrical products. We are Canada’s market leader in energy solutions, renewables, lighting, wire & cable, automation and connected network solutions. We have access to the best partners in the industry and we go above and beyond to help our customers and partners grow.
What You Will Do With Us
As the Inside Automation Sales Specialist at our National Service Centre which can be based at any one of these locations, Mississauga, Kitchener, Oshawa, Ottawa, Barrie or London, you are in direct contact with customers, suppliers and employees at the Business Unit to effectively resolve concerns and ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Reporting to the National Service Centre Automation Manager, you are responsible for coordinating & troubleshooting activities, taking ownership of problems and delivering solutions.
How You Will Thrive With Us
- You will process quotations, review specifications, and offering substitute products where appropriate. Recommend products and system configurations, provide software support and process repairs
- You will assess job requirements and verify stock availability of orders. Offer alternative non-stock items depending on specifications. Offer pricing terms in accordance with established margins and source with existing suppliers to obtain price and delivery terms for non-stock items.
- You will sell, market, promote, demonstrate product and increase business through product sales to new customers and through additional sales to existing customers
- *You will establish and maintain customer relationships. Learns and evaluates customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements and preferences.
- You will pursue product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources
- You will process telephone orders by quoting product prices, delivery specifications and payment terms and by offering substitute products where appropriate
- You will prepare quotations and delivery information, offer product knowledge and information to customers and coordinates details of delivery according to scheduled times and commitment dates
- You will achieve and maintain technical capabilities at required levels, vendor seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You will be a Brand Ambassador, by building brand recognition while supporting sales initiatives and enhancing customer experiences. You will consistently ensure that our corporate image is reflected.
Who Are You
- You have a College diploma or degree in Engineering or a minimum of three (3) years related experience in the industry or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have the ability to read instructions and memorandums and interpret product specifications sheets.
- You have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence to customers.
- Ability to speak effectively over the telephone providing product knowledge and information.
- You have knowledge of AS400 Computer System an asset.
- You have product & application knowledge (an asset)
- You have the proven ability to communicate effectively and build customer relationships
- You have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work well under pressure while maintaining a good attitude
- You have strong interpersonal & organizational skills and an ability to impart knowledge
What We Offer
- Our employees enjoy a positive work-life balance while thriving in an environment that is ever-changing and motivated by new and exciting challenges.
- We offer competitive compensation, a series of benefit options and pension packages, and the opportunity for success and growth across the organization.
- Westburne provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants. We encourage everyone to apply.
What Is Next?
- If this is the right position for you, click apply.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
You are applying for:
Inside Automation Sales Specialist