Ontario Power and Utility Manager
In Canada, Rexel Canada Electrical Inc., headquartered in Mississauga, ON, goes to market under three customer-facing wholesale electrical products distribution banners: Westburne, Nedco and Rexel Atlantic. Between these three banners, Rexel Canada operates 189 branch locations staffed by 2300 employees. Branch replenishment supported by 12 strategically-located, regional central distribution centers. All central distribution centers and branch inventory is visible and available for customer order fulfillment through one seamless back-office business operating system.
The Ontario Power and Utility Manager will provide a unique opportunity to develop broad technical and business skills and will play an integral part of our organization's success. You’ll work in the burgeoning Rexel Utility and Power group and through your daily activities will cross matrix into multiple Canadian business units. You will be a key member of our ongoing reform within the Power & Utility business and work towards the goal of maximizing the benefits of our expansive Canadian proximity model.
This role has identifiable challenges, coupled with significant accountabilities. Your daily decisions will have a direct effect on the business bottom line. You will have direct input into inventory management, marketing and operations. You will have the opportunity to:
- Built and maintain pricing and product files
- Communicate and coordinate price and product changes against inventory management systems and suppliers
- Analyzes product performance in season, monitors demand and adjusts forecasts to establish inventory levels that drive sales and maximize profitability
- Participate in creating price lists and RFQ/P proposals
- Participate in special projects for multiple segments
- Introduce new products while maintaining and developing our existing product assortments
- Reviews inventory levels, adjust supply plans to align against contractual obligations
- Resolve Purchase Order and invoice cost discrepancies
- Troubleshoots coverage plans and supply disruptions on an on-going basis and re-aligns volume forecast to match inbound supply plans
- Interfaces with ERP to control and manage the analytical component of our operation
- Works to sets system parameters to align with required and anticipated planning requirements; Lead time, safety stock, EOL timing, NPI timing, etc.
Who You Are
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in the rapidly evolving utility landscape
- Action-oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently, then this is definitely the place to be.
- You have an undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Retail Management or Analytics with experience in an analytical role is an asset
- 2+ years of working in a distribution company servicing Utility markets and/or technical sales experience
- Demonstrated the ability to methodically work through real-world problems towards win/win outcomes for all parties
- Able to focus in a fast passed environment
What Is Next
- If this is the right position for you, click apply.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
You are applying for:
Ontario Power and Utility Manager
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc.