- Langley, BC
- Full-time, permanent role, working Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- $38-$40/hour plus medical and dental benefits
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license required
- Company covered fuel expenses + vehicle allowance provide
- Red Seal certification would be an asset but is not required
As a seasoned heavy-duty industrial mechanic, you’ve had years of experience to hone not only your mechanical skills, but also your customer service and and problem-solving skills.
Now, you want to bring these skills to a role where you can enjoy variety in your day to day, and to a team who will appreciate your contributions while treating you fairly and honestly.
We’re AirPlus Systems, and we’ve got what you’re looking for. We supply compressed air products, industrial vacuum and abrasive blasting equipment, and dust management systems for industrial settings across North America.
Thanks to our great success, our team is growing, which means we’re now looking for a new Red Seal-certified Industrial Mechanic to join us.
That’s where you come in.
As our new Industrial Mechanic, you will be responsible for providing on-site installation, service, and repairs for various compressed air equipment, including compressors, industrial vacuum systems, and sandblasting equipment.
Practically speaking, your tasks will include:
- Obtain work orders/schedules from our service and sales departments
- Determine parts to order for repairs
- Travel daily to multiple job sites to diagnose causes of equipment problems, understand service/repair needs, and install and provide mechanical and electrical maintenance services and repairs for our customers’ equipment
- Keep clear records of service, preparation of inspection, verification, and deficiencies reports
- Maintain vehicle, tools, and equipment in safe operating condition
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost-effective methods to return equipment to working order
- As required, occasionally provide on-call after hours service
This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive team, and work in an environment where you’ll get to learn something new every day. If you’re a dependable, critical thinker, and can work well under pressure, this is the role for you.
Why choose AirPlus Systems?
This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive hourly wage, $38-40 per hour (commensurate with experience), plus medical/dental benefits, all fuel expenses covered, and a vehicle allowance. You’ll work a regular schedule (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm), with occasional overtime / on-call work as needed.
You’ll be joining a cohesive and close-knit team of people, so you’ll be able to draw on their help and experience as soon as you start. Everyone is helpful and works together to ensure success. We’re a small and growing company, so you’ll have the chance to grow with us!
- Significant experience performing mechanical service/repairs on heavy duty equipment
- Experience servicing, repairing, and installing equipment such as air compressors, abrasive blasting equipment, industrial fans, and dust collectors
- Experience in a customer facing role, in which you were responsible for responding to customer and vendor inquiries/concerns
- Ability to review systems drawings is an asset
- Some knowledge of electrical is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office applications is a strong asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift license (or ability to obtain)
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license (required)
- Industrial Mechanic Red Seal certification would be preferred, but not required
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: