Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low-risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 15,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Location: North Battleford
Reports to: Maintenance Foreman
Schedule: 5 days on, 2 days off (M-F)
This role requires a self-motivated, highly professional, personable individual who demonstrates strong business acumen, clear concise communication, organizational skills, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with significant growth opportunities. This individual must interact and foster collaboration between all stakeholders. Safety, reliability, and efficiencies are predominant areas of focus.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, the Maintenance Planner coordinates labour resources, material and assigns them to execute planned and unplanned maintenance activities within the facilities.
The Maintenance Planner must demonstrate strong knowledge of maintenance planning and scheduling processes and will be expected to become proficient in the use of Maximo. The Maintenance Planner will work collaboratively with the Maintenance and Operations teams to develop, maintain and communicate a daily work schedule as well as update work order statuses.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure effective communication with operations, maintenance, and supervisory staff
- Ensure all pressure and process equipment maintenance complies with current engineering standards and TSASK Legislation
- Engage operations leads for approval of daily work orders, defining job scope, scheduling and closeout of daily work orders
- Provide updates to operations staff regarding the completion of ongoing maintenance work orders
- Monitor and maintain maintenance records for equipment
- Direct maintenance staff for timely and efficient completion of planned and unplanned maintenance tasks
- Create and communicate a daily work order schedule to operations staff
- Facilitate meetings for weekly work order reviews with operations staff, discussing ongoing activities, and discussing proposed work for the upcoming period
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of working closely with a variety of groups but also a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of maintenance and reliability practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results orientated
- Minimum 3 years of planning/scheduling experience
- Working knowledge of a Computer Centralized Maintenance System (CCMS) (Maximo is an asset)
- Experience with Thermal Heavy Oil and/or SAGD maintenance planning is an asset but not required
- Committed to best practices in health, safety, and environmental management
- Ethical business conduct and community responsibility
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- High School Diploma
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada
Note: This is a local position. To be considered you must live within 45 minutes of North Battleford , SK. Relocation expenses will not be covered. This is not a camp position.
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are applying for: