Lighting Solutions Specialist
For 100 years, Nedco has been a cornerstone in the electrical industry. With branches across Canada, Nedco, a division of Rexel Canada Electrical Inc., is pleased to offer one-stop shopping for a wide range of quality products such as communications, wire and cable, distribution, lighting, data, home integration and security.
The Lighting Solutions Specialist is responsible for promoting the full range of lighting solutions (products and services – including Lighting, Lighting Controls and Smart Building products) throughout the Division, working closely with Customers, Branch Managers, Outside Sales Reps, supporting staff, and Manufacturers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with account customers, prospective customers and end-users to conduct needs assessments, discuss topics of concern with a focus on the Customers problem areas in the Lighting/lighting controls and smart building categories. Develop a solution based on this information. Use appropriate Nedco partner technologies to develop this solution.
- Help to identify the current and future direction of the Lighting/lighting controls and smart buildings market in the Division. Analyze market conditions (local market conditions, competitive forces, market share, opportunities for growth), develop local business plans, and coordinate implementation of the national and Divisional plans.
- Perform lighting audits using approved national standards/methods. Identify metrics that are important to the customer and prepare/present customer proposals based on these including ROI (capital/maintenance costs), energy, environment, operational efficiencies, [end user’s] marketing efforts, work environment, [end user’s] customer experience, etc.
- Develop lighting layouts/analysis based on customer’s requirements using approved national standards/methods. This may include professional lighting design software.
- Work with customers on their supplied lighting drawings to check for errors, omissions, code compliance, and product selection/placement to ensure their lighting project is optimized to their needs.
- Work with Inside Lighting Coordinator ensure full services are provided including energy rebate applications and manufacturer warranty registration.
- Previous lighting and lighting controls experience is required.
- Experience with Smart buildings, connected lighting, POE, IoT considered an asset
- Lighting Certification is an asset, otherwise, a willingness to achieve the LC designation is required.
- Required to possess strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com) and participate in training to acquire the required level of computer skills. Lighting software experience is an asset.
- Must be bilingual.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.nedco.ca for other careers opportunities.
You are applying for:
Lighting Solutions Specialist