Director, Business Development
Pivot Energy is seeking a motivated and self-directed individual to join our Business Development team, focused on the growing solar market in the Midwest and Central regions of the United States. This full-time position, ideally based in Chicago, will lead and direct the rapid growth and expansion anticipated in these markets over the coming years.
This role will be primarily responsible for pursuing, negotiating and closing prospective business-to-business solar opportunities with companies in the region. As these are multimillion-dollar deals that require months of work to solidify, the position requires determination, diligence and persistence. These sales are highly complicated, and each deal is unique... so creativity and smarts are essential!
As the business development leader in this region, the Director will be asked to support the hiring, onboarding and managing of additional Midwest and Central regional team members (including sales and lead generation team members). This role will also grow to be the regarded as the regional expert on key policy and regulatory matters with respect to their potential to impact solar opportunities.
This position offers a great opportunity with tremendous growth potential at a cutting-edge company with operations in multiple US markets.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Network– Attend events with networking opportunities; get involved in industry and community groups; establishing personal networks;
- Outreach– While Pivot has a lead generation team focused on making initial contact with prospects, this remains a sales leadership role with outreach responsibilities;
- Learn- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies;
- Solar Assessments– Qualify potential customers and remotely assess the capacity for solar;
- Create Proposals– Utilize our proposal generator to produce professional proposals;
- Track Sales Activities– It is a requirement to record all contacts and sales activities in our CRM system;
- Make Presentations– Identify and meet with the appropriate decision makers and present the costs and benefits in a professional manner;
- Close Deals– Negotiate complex terms; take the opportunity to completion within multiple departments of the customer organization.
The Director’s primary qualifications include demonstrated abilities to meet sales goals, present professionally, learn quickly, and work both alone and as part of a team. Some experience in solar or energy is strongly preferred, which we will consider along with natural sales ability, passion for clean energy and the ability to learn independently. An important skill is the ability to listen to the needs of a client, communicate the excitement associated with the solutions our company offers, and close deals.
Key qualifications include:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite; willingness to learn other software applications including Zoho and Asana;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building trust and rapport;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, critical deadlines;
- Management experience overseeing a small sales team is preferred but not required;
- Passion to learn new things through self-study and structured settings;
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct and work autonomously.
This is an opportunity to become a part of an exciting and fun-loving team, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for growth.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have more than three years of experience in the renewable energy industry with at least five years of business-to-business sales.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” in Denver in 2019 by the Denver Business Journal, Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. We offer a competitive salary based on relevant experience. This position also qualifies for Pivot’s Commission Plan, tied directly to revenue production.
Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. Upon completing the probationary period, the qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Pivot’s health insurance, 401(k) plan, four weeks of vacation, parental leave plan, and other outstanding benefits.
You are applying for:
Director, Business Development