- Yorkville, Toronto
- Close knit team, beautiful office environment, high impact role
- $75,000-$100,000k/year commensurate with experience, flex hours, and vacation
If you don’t think that climate change is the biggest existential threat to our society, and that businesses should be acting to manage climate risk and benefit from climate opportunity, then this is not the job for you.
We’re Mantle, a boutique consulting firm dedicated to shining the light on how climate change impacts large organizations now and in the future. From government to industry, our work educates and equips our clients with the tools to identify climate risks and strategize climate resiliency so they can make smart business decisions and seize climate-related opportunities.
As our new Senior Advisor, you will immediately begin working with our largest clients across a variety of industries, with a focus on the financial sector.
Your tasks will include:
- Working with senior-level decision makers across private industry and all levels of government
- Advise on major policy development, executive and board training, and climate-related financial disclosure
- Direct climate related policy research and implementation, strategy development
- Develop climate-related governance frameworks, risk analysis and opportunity identification, and bench-marking
We’re looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial drive; someone who is not afraid to take initiative on a project, figure out problems on their own, and truly own their work. In a fast-moving environment, we need people who have a deep desire to radically own their impact and embrace the freedom and responsibility that comes with it.
Working with Mantle
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday core business hours with flexibility. We offer a competitive starting salary of $75,000 to $100,000/year commensurate with your experience, as well as at least four weeks of vacation.
You’ll also get to work with a group of talented and mission-driven co-workers in a highly collaborative, high-performance workplace. Team members are bonded by our commitment to meaningful, purpose-driven work, helping real-world decision makers and influencers engage with and respond to the climate crises.
If you’re as passionate as we are about working in an evolutionary role, in an evolutionary organization, we would love to hear from you. Please provide a short cover letter telling us why you're a great fit for the organization.
- Post-secondary degree in finance, environmental science, or engineering
- Advanced degrees (MBA, JD, MASc, MSc, PhD) are an asset
- CFA and/or CAIA designations are an asset
- Experience working, volunteering, or participating at the board level in a climate change-related role
- Experience consulting or working with boards of directors, and executive and C-suite level clients
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (formulas, functions, calendars, and formatting), and other web-based business tools (Zoom, G-Suite, Sobol, Insightly, etc.)
- Superior communication skills, including policy development, governance frameworks, and financial reporting
- Experience with bench-marking, risk analysis, and opportunity identification
- Experience working in a high-pressure, high-demand roles including in the financial, legal, engineering or management consulting sector is an asset
How to Apply
Our online application process gives you the chance to apply while ensuring a good fit with Mantle. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll be able to view your results.
We strive to build diverse teams and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, members of the LGBTQ+ community and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: