Software Engineer (Front End Focus)
Imagine a future in which governments, businesses, healthcare providers and the public can observe global disease activity in real-time – like watching the vital signs for an entire population. This is exactly the future BlueDot seeks to accomplish by building a global early warning system for infectious diseases.
We design and develop software and data products to empower individuals, governments, and organizations to understand and make better decisions about how to reduce the risks associated with infectious diseases.
We have built a cross-disciplinary team that includes medical doctors, epidemiologists, ecologists, spatial analysts, designers, developers and data engineers. Our HR strategy is very simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to join their unique skills and perspectives within a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer) We are successful together by uniting our team members’ unique strengths and passions.
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer (80% Front-End / 20% Back-End) for our team. It’s a rare opportunity to apply your skills to the development of socially meaningful and innovative technologies in health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building state-of-the-art global early warning system applications, with a focus on the client side/front-end
- Implementing innovative product features and improve current products
- Implementing front-end interfaces and interactions, translating UI/UX design requirements into responsive, cross-browser, and mobile-enabled compatible code
Talents and skills you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant experience
- Passion for building highly usable, refined user experiences, and it shows in your work—from efficient, well-factored code to robustly built, pixel-perfect UIs
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with front-end development libraries, frameworks, and pre-compilers (e.g., Bootstrap, SASS/LESS)
- Knowledge of server-side web application development (e.g., C#, Java, Node.js)
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and database languages
- Experience working with and managing tasks in an Agile environment
- Enjoyment for working collaboratively with other developers and designers in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication skills
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with ArcGIS, Visual Studio, TFS, or SQL Server
- Experience with C#, Kendo UI, ReactJS/AngularJS/VueJs, Azure, AWS
- Experience with mobile software development
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
Application Instructions: Please apply with your resume and a cover letter outlining why your experience and values make you the right person for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for:
Software Engineer (Front End Focus)