Supply Chain Planning Manager
Alter Eco® is a chocolate-centric, sustainability-directed food company that takes indulgence to an entirely new level. Recognized as a top certified Benefit Corporation and one of the first registered Public Benefit Corporations, Alter Eco is dedicated to full-circle sustainability throughout its operations and supply chain through four pillars: sourcing using Fair Trade principles, producing of only organic and non-GMO foods, creating minimal waste by working towards 100 percent compostable packaging, and in-setting carbon emissions by means of large-scale reforestation programs in the cooperatives that produce its crops. These principals are entwined with Alter Eco’s commitment to the highest quality ingredients and taste in all of its products, available in North America, Australia and Canada. Our certified ‘green’ office is located in the heart of the Mission district in San Francisco, home to many restaurants which make this city a foodie destination! All Alter Eco products are USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Carbon Neutral Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten-Free (excluding Dark Salt & Malt).
More information is available at www.alterecofoods.com.
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Manager role will serve as a key member of our operations team. The Supply Chain Manager will need to work within the Alter Eco Operations team to own and ensure material availability to support and plan the finished goods production schedule. The role will be important to ensure Alter Eco has available inventory for our quickly growing customer base!
- Work with third party manufacturers to plan and manage finished goods production schedules
- Ensures raw material and packaging availability to support the production schedule
- Provides vendors with rolling production forecasts on a monthly basis
- Helps maintain inventory levels within working capital requirements
- Highlights shortages in a timely manner with a resolution action plan
- Recommends and helps track KPIs for inventory management, product margins and supplier relationship management
- Generates a budget for and leads quarterly material disposition for obsolete inventory
- Supports cost reduction and improvements per operating plan
- Defines scrap factors across the supply chain
- Improves current planning tools and material lead times
- Works with accounting to reconciles invoice discrepancies
- Works with 3rd party logistics companies to ensure timely delivery of all materials
- Works with the accounting team at month end to reconcile accounting discrepancies
- Maintains inventory data integrity in NetSuite
- Responsible for ensuring inventory assembly, receipt and transfer transactions are timely and accurate
- Leads monthly inventory reconciliation and cycle count program
- Leads year end physical inventory
- Project manager for new product launches
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- 5-7 years of supply chain management (Supply planning, inventory management, warehouse and logistics management) experience required. Prior consumer goods experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience working with a material requirement planning module in an ERP system such as NetSuite is required.
- Experience working with 3rd party manufacturing partners is preferred.
- A team player with strong communication skills who is reliable and organized
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral skills
- Ability to manage time, multiple priorities and handle a high volume of work
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, Excel required.
- Attention to detail, data integrity, and accuracy
- A personal connection to the mission and products of Alter Eco a plus
You are applying for:
Supply Chain Planning Manager
Alter Eco Foods
San Francisco, CA