Account Executive - Healthcare
Imagine a future in which governments, businesses, healthcare providers and the public globally can observe disease activity in real-time – like watching the vital signs for an entire population. This is exactly the future BlueDot seeks to accomplish by building a global early warning system for infectious diseases.
We design and develop software and data products to empower individuals, governments, and organizations to understand and make better decisions about how to reduce the risks associated with infectious diseases.
We have built a cross-disciplinary team that includes medical doctors, epidemiologists, ecologists, spatial analysts, designers, developers and data engineers. Our HR strategy is very simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to join their unique skills and perspectives within a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer) We are successful together by uniting our team members’ unique strengths and passions.
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.
Account Executive - Healthcare
BlueDot is looking for an experienced, and driven Account Executive (AE) with a background in exceeding sales quota selling into the Canadian (and US) healthcare sector. You will be establishing product-market fit whilst acquiring new customers in both new and existing sales channels. You will work with senior leadership, product and marketing teams to plan and execute BlueDot’s strategy to grow our book of business within identified target accounts.
You will have experience in building relationships with senior stakeholders including hospital executives, chief medical officers, department heads, clinicians and hospital management leaders (key opinion leaders). Successful candidates will be able to navigate complex sales cycles as well as identify and influence key stakeholders in the sales process that will enable BlueDot to close opportunities faster.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage complex sales cycle, where you’ll build high value strategic relationships with industry leaders
- Work with the BlueDot team to build out a scalable sales process for the Healthcare sector in Canada and the US.
- Source and developing a pipeline of new opportunities
- Presenting the value of our solutions to the customers' individual needs
- Build key executive and senior level relationships within a set of target accounts in the Canadian and US market.
- Developing and growing relationships with health systems, public health agencies, and other stakeholders with a shared interest in improving community health
- Generating proposals, negotiating pricing, and closing deals
- Forecasting sales activity and revenue achievement
- Performing online demos of our product
- Traveling when required for conferences and customer presentations
- Tracking important KPIs for campaigns; making changes as needed to campaigns based on results
We’re looking for someone who has/is:
- 5-10 years of outbound sales experience within the healthcare industry
- Experience successfully selling to a C-Level/VP/Director audience
- Able to think strategically, understand clients’ underlying business needs, and effectively work with key internal colleagues to facilitate and deliver strategies aimed to align BlueDot’s solutions for client consideration
- An understanding of SaaS/software sales concepts such as ARR, MRR, Churn, etc.
- A track-record of over-achieving quota/targets
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with prospecting, as we do high volume outreach to targeted accounts
- CRM experience, Hubspot/Salesforce preferably
- Significant prior sales training and familiar with the challenger sales and/or consultative sales process
- Able to manage complex sales cycles with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- An existing network of contacts that could be nurtured to generate sales leads
- Academic background in health/pharma/sciences/public policy/epidemiology or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have:
- Full cycle sales experience within SaaS and enterprise solution sales
- A track record of exceeding sales quota
- Experience working in a startup environment where you’ve helped the sales team build out a book of business
- Existing relationships within the Canadian and/or US healthcare market
What you’ll achieve:
- Master the BlueDot value proposition and messaging to comfortably present and demo to C-Level/VP/Director audiences
- Plan for hitting sales quota
- Hit the ground running by establishing initial contact with prospects to build out your 60, 90, 120 days pipeline
- Consistently hit quota and have sold into at least 3 keystone clients
- Built strategic relationships with key decisions makers and influencers of assigned accounts and sectors
- Be driving growth for BlueDot into new territories to accelerate sales growth and market share
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Competitive base salary + commission structure
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for:
Account Executive - Healthcare