Rexel is a worldwide expert in the professional multichannel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world, Rexel offers its customers innovative, high-performance, sustainable electrical supplies and solutions. The expertise of its people, the coverage of its distribution network and the breadth of its offer have established the Group as the preferred partner for every part of the electricity industry, from industrial applications to the residential market and the commercial sector.
Rexel operates through a network of some 2,000 branches in 26 countries, with more than 27,000 employees.
Reporting directly to the Manager of ecommerce and Application Support, you will be responsible for the mapping, testing, implementation and support of various EDI/cXML transactions in order to assist the Westburne, Nedco and Rexel Atlantic Banners achieve their objectives. This position is located at Keaton.
As part of the EDI team you will be responsible for monitoring the electronic data interchange transaction flow and activities and will be the liaison between suppliers, customers and end users.
- Analyze partner messaging requirements to determine specific communication and message format requirements
- Create/Modify EDI/cXML data mapping of various transaction/message sets in accordance with customer/supplier specifications within the OpenText TrustedLink System I translation software package.
- Creation and maintenance of trading partner relationships and communication method
- Complete end to end testing of transactional mapping and EDI interfaces to various ERP applications.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of any EDI/cXML failures and issues
- Provide support of the various EDI application, maps and interfaces to internal and external members
- Test any new or enhanced EDI applications to ensure that it meets the business requirements.
The successful candidate will need:
- Process management and process administration experience (ensuring that processes are followed, defining them and administrating them)
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills necessary to manage tasks
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly motivated and self-direct
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- A degree or diploma in Information Systems related studies
- 3+ years in related EDI (800 series) and cXML work experience relating to the distribution industry
- Working knowledge of an EDI/cXML Translation Software package. Experience with OpenText TrustedLink System I would be an asset.
- Solid understanding of EDI standards (ANSI X12) and cXML messages with data mapping expertise
- Experience with transfer protocols such as FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS and AS2
- AS/400 knowledge would be an asset
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.rexel.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for:
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc.