Director of Finance & Operations
POSITION: Director of Finance & Operations for a B-Corp Green Infrastructure Project Developer
Who we are
Greenprint Partners is a green infrastructure delivery partner that helps cities achieve high-impact, community-driven stormwater solutions at scale. Our green infrastructure projects are: designed to maximize community benefits, delivered at scale, and maintained for the long-term. That’s how our team of project managers, community organizers, landscape architects, engineers, and finance professionals helps get the most good out of green infrastructure. Greenprint Partners is a women-owned, certified B-Corp.
We've got a big vision: by 2050, every US city facing stormwater management challenges is implementing a comprehensive green infrastructure plan, the natural choice for strengthened community, shared prosperity, ecological health.
About working at Greenprint Partners
Greenprint Partners offers a flexible, fast-paced, demanding and fun work environment. We find that the people who thrive here are “doers” who enjoy taking ownership of their projects, and working as a team to strategize, iterate, and execute quickly. We believe strongly that we’re in it together, and we see each new team member as a long-term investment in our shared future. We are proud of our company values:
- We are driven by mission,
- We pursue shared prosperity,
- We go big,
- We think holistically,
- We succeed and fail as a team, and
- Diverse viewpoints matter.
We welcome applications from people in occupations or positions where they are under represented. We encourage your application and welcome you to self-identify, on either your cover letter or resume.
Greenprint Partners’ office is located in downtown Chicago convenient to Metra and El in a vibrant, professional coworking space.
- Are interested in gaining the full picture of how to manage corporate, financial, operational and project risk for a growing project development company
- Get in your zone when you’re designing elegant processes and supporting teams to adopt them
- Have a solid grasp of GAAP, financial reporting, financial statement analysis and internal controls
- Have strong Excel skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to build and manage complex revenue and cash flow forecasts
- Are interested in learning more about impact investing and working with mission-driven investors and lenders to finance projects that drive environmental and social benefits
- Possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly, simply and effectively
- Will thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment
- Are excited to play a critical role in driving Greenprint’s mission
- Are open and willing to have your role evolve as the company and the industry evolve!
- Have 5+ years’ professional experience
Bonus (but not required!) if you've had exposure to any of the following:
- Project finance and project development , particularly in industries such as water, real estate, natural resources, renewable energy, energy efficiency, infrastructure, etc.
- Project accounting or fund accounting
- Database, CRM or other IT systems management expertise
You will be working on things like:
Leading the accounting and finance function, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and finance activities in partnership with external CPA firm
- Budgeting & forecasting, including managing complex revenue and cash flow projections and determining financing needs
- Negotiating and closing project financing, managing lender relationships and overseeing internal administration and compliance
- Working closely with Project Delivery team to analyze and optimize project economics
- Enhancing Greenprint’s internal control environment and establishing best practice policies & procedures
Supporting the VP-Operations in managing operational risk, including but not limited to:
- Project operational risk management, including compliance, contract management, legal, and insurance
- Company operational risk management, including IT strategy and vendor management, HR compliance and policy development, and corporate insurance coverage.
- Supporting the project delivery team in implementing critical systems, identifying opportunities for operational improvement
- Other special projects as needs arise
Supporting the CEO in corporate governance efforts such as fundraising and investor reporting
Supporting the VP of Operations in CRM Strategy and Planning
Pay band for this role is: $75,000 - $110,000 annual salary + benefits.
- Submit your cover letter and resume/CV here. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain your interest in our mission: “Green Infrastructure transforms communities. We partner with cities to deliver more, better, for all.”
- If we think you might be a fit, our VP of Operations will reach out to schedule a brief phone call to discuss your interest in the position and working with our company.
- Following this initial phone chat, we expect that competitive candidates will interview with the hiring manager, the full staff, and the CEO.
- This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
You are applying for:
Director of Finance & Operations