Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low-risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 15,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Well Operator
Location: Edam, Meota West, or Meota East
Reports to: Facility Manager
This unique opportunity will support ongoing operational activities at the existing Edam or Meota West SAGD facility or Commissioning and Ready for Operations activities at the upcoming Meota East facility.
The Well Operator is accountable to the Facility Manager. The Well Operator will be responsible for ensuring the well pad and source water well transfer station operates safely, and efficiently with minimal downtime. The individual must be highly motivated and able to work in a team environment.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support in the completion of all pre-startup deliverables for operations staff prior to commissioning. Deliverables include but are not limited to: develop and review of standard operating procedures, system asset identification, critical equipment identification, critical equipment PM planning and labeling of process equipment/piping (applicable to Meota East Plant)
- Participate in commissioning plant facilities (applicable to Meota East Plant)
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of your assigned equipment. These areas include: production wells, test separator operation, source water well operation, and source water transfer facility operation
- Set an example in safety leadership with Serafina’s employees and contractors
- Troubleshoot and repair/resolve process problems
- Monitor and control plant conditions and maintain proper documentation including: safety and environmental reports, operator logs, and maintenance records
- Perform housekeeping, performance monitoring, and maintenance activities in the plant site
- Understand and perform safety, environmental and regulatory responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lock out, emergency response, and implement safe working procedures
- Ensure effective communication with fellow operations team members as well as maintenance, and supervisory staff
- Provide on-call support when required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year thermal operating experience; other oilfield well operating experience will be considered.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
- Interpret facility drawings (i.e. PID’s, H&M Balance sheets, line lists, and shutdown keys is an asset)
- Knowledge of Rotoflex’s and downhole positive displacement pumps is an asset
- Familiarity in writing Safe Work Permits and the use of field level hazard assessments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- A strong team player, capable of working closely with a variety of groups but also a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results orientated
- High awareness and understanding of potential process safety incidents
- Delta V DCS familiarity is an asset
- Conduct business in a professional, ethical way with a focus on community responsibility
- The individual will be required to work an 8 on 6 off schedule. The individual schedule will be discussed during the interview process
Note: This is a local position. To be considered you must live within 45 minutes of the Edam or Meota plant. Relocation expenses will not be covered.
You are applying for:
North Battleford, SK