BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases with data-driven technologies. We help governments protect their citizens, hospitals protect their staff and patients, and businesses protect their employees and customers.
We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks.
We have built a cross-disciplinary team that includes medical doctors, epidemiologists, ecologists, spatial analysts, designers, developers and data engineers. Our People strategy is simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to bring their unique skills and perspectives into a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do most. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer) We are successful together by uniting our team members’ unique strengths and passions.
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.
BlueDot has built its core business over the past four years serving world leading agencies like the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. While we will continue to deliver advanced technology and solutions for these groups, we are simultaneously adapting our offerings for new audiences where there is strong market demand. To this end, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead Product Management at BlueDot as we face this pivotal moment in our growth. You’ll work with our CEO and Director of Product Innovation to define our Product strategy so that it aligns with BlueDot’s vision while both enabling and influencing the overall company direction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing BlueDot’s products from end to end. This means working closely across multiple teams to understand public health needs/context, business objectives, marketing opportunities, and customer pain points to translate them into meaningful requirements
- Facilitating product-market fit by identifying potential partnerships, and through market and user research
- Overseeing the development of product roadmaps and associated KPIs in collaboration with business, science, technology, and design teams
- Managing BlueDot’s software product portfolio, including client-facing web and mobile applications, and data services
- Tracking and reporting on KPIs, product development status, and related product and business metrics
- Preparing and leading Bi-weekly Sprint Planning with data engineering and software development teams for various products
- Working with user experience designers to ensure the end product meets and exceeds customer wants and needs
- Working with the software development and QA team to ensure the product is robust, well-tested, and meets requirements before release
- Making release updates visible throughout the organization and clients, via regular demos and notes
- Managing, coordinating, and communicating tasks, milestones and change requests across internal teams
- Driving business value for the product by working with BlueDot’s business, science, technology, and design teams to prioritize the backlog of features and fixes, and communicating that value to the team, clients and other stakeholders
We are looking for someone who is/has: :
- 5+ years’ experience as Product Lead or Product Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Strong business skills
- Exceptional collaborative and relationship building skills to effectively work with team members, peers, and leadership
- A proven record of successfully managing awesome and innovative products from inception to delivery
- Experience working in the healthcare sector
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Understands and subscribes to lean startup, agile development, and user-centered design principles and practices
- Possesses outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to grasp complexities and relationship between issues, while finding efficiencies across projects and products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in preparing executive summaries, creating detailed project and program level updates, writing functional requirements and other user documentation
- Results oriented, proactive, and flexible with a strong sense of urgency
- An aptitude to effectively relay complex information to other team members
- A strong project management background to manage schedule, dependencies, risk, change management, and release process
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience in software/engineering
- Experience in design or marketing
- Has navigated a regulatory landscape (GDPR, HIPAA, PIPEDA, CASL, etc.)
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
Application Instructions: Please apply with your resume and a cover letter to outlining why your experience and values make you the right person for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for: