Managing Director, Northeast Region
Position with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, in the clean energy sector, serving community solar and commercial solar clients. The Managing Director is a senior position and offers an exciting opportunity to lead business development, partnerships, and solar (including solar+storage) project development in the Northeast Region. The location for this role is not limited to New York if strong candidates live in a different part of the Northeast.
Pivot Energy is rapidly capturing market share in community solar and C&I markets. Pivot is a leader in the fight against global warming, doing our part to make distributed generation a major part of the solution. The company has committed to a long-term, strategic investment in Northeast U.S. solar markets, driven by demand from C&I clients, business with industry partners, and the strong market dynamics in NY, NJ, PA, and other states. This position will manage the company’s involvement in these markets, determining strategy in verticals of clients to pursue, developing and acquiring community solar projects, and representing the company to government and market stakeholders. This position will also be responsible for building the team necessary to support Northeast market growth and guiding the company’s strategic decisions in how to pursue the Northeast markets.
- Determine strategy for developing community and C&I solar projects in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NH, and other states in the Northeast
- Develop community solar pipeline (either greenfield or early-stage acquisition) to support 20+ MW annual deployment in region
- Manage all aspects of community solar development process in target region, including landowners, entitlement, permitting, and interconnection
- Build relationships with developers, EPCs, and other partners necessary to fully deploy projects
- Guide C&I project development approach in region, in partnership with C&I sales team
- Establish company office and market presence in NE, determining team work strategy and locations
- Build Pivot’s reputation and awareness in region, through strong involvement with regulatory, policy, utility, and market stakeholder engagement
- Strong preference for proven experience in driving market growth strategy and results
- Excellent people-management skills, overseeing development teams as needed based upon implementation
ADDITIONAL AREAS OF INVOLVEMENT
- Depending on experience and capabilities, the position may participate in Pivot’s efforts in the following areas:
- Strategy for implementing energy storage with solar projects
- Sourcing offtake for community solar projects in NE markets
- Continual improvement in company-wide development and execution processes
- Development of strategic partnerships to support execution of projects (capital markets, project acquisition, vendors, service providers)
QUALIFICATIONS / PREREQUISITES
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills. Attention to detail required.
- Strong team management skills, as a positive and forward-looking leader
- Proven experience in solar project development in Northeast markets
- Demonstrable background in understanding solar market dynamics, formulating market entry strategy, and following strategy through to execution
- Five to ten years of relevant experience in development and implementation of community solar and/or C&I solar projects
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. The qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Pivot’s health insurance, four weeks of paid vacation, 401(k) match, and other outstanding benefits. Base Salary to be determined in accordance with level of experience. 20% travel required.
Please include a cover letter describing your experience and what you will bring to company. Applications without cover letters may not be reviewed.
You are applying for:
Managing Director, Northeast Region