Business Development Representative
Imagine a future in which governments, businesses, healthcare providers and the public globally can observe disease activity in real-time – like watching the vital signs for an entire population. This is exactly the future BlueDot seeks to accomplish by building a global early warning system for infectious diseases.
We design and develop software and data products to empower individuals, governments, and organizations to understand and make better decisions about how to reduce the risks associated with infectious diseases.
We have built a cross-disciplinary team that includes medical doctors, epidemiologists, ecologists, spatial analysts, designers, developers and data engineers. Our HR strategy is very simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to join their unique skills and perspectives within a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer) We are successful together by uniting our team members’ unique strengths and passions.
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.
Business Development Representative (BDR)
BlueDot is seeking a Business Development Representative who is driven by work with purpose. As a key member of our team, you will be on the front lines of our sales process. You will be responsible for strategically sourcing (outbound) and qualifying sales opportunities.
As a BDR, you will be working with Account Executives to strategically target key accounts as well as researching/developing accounts on your own to prospect into (email, phone, & social). You will collaborate with Sales and Marketing Executives to drive new business and achieve your monthly quota of sales qualified opportunities.
We’re looking for someone who has/is:
- Excited to hunt for new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Able to strategically research and develop accounts for prospecting
- Comfortable cold calling
- Comfortable presenting to an audience you may not be familiar with
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate about social impact and healthcare
- Excited to thrive in a dynamic environment, developing the role as things change with the business
Ideally, you also have experience:
- Building consultative relationships with Healthcare, Health Tech, and public sector leaders
- B2B account prospecting
- Working with sales technologies, ideally HubSpot and GoToMeeting/Zoom, Slack
- Qualifying the wants/needs of an organization
- Achieving weekly and monthly activity goals
What you’ll achieve:
• Attend 2 weeks training & enablement program in Toronto where you learn about our sales process, value proposition, prospecting techniques, and BlueDot’s solutions offering
• Master the BlueDot messaging and comfortably present C-Level/VP/Director narrative.
• Plan for hitting activity/business plan metrics
• Partner closely with Account Executives to build territory strategy and business plan
• Effectively own and operate your business by leveraging data and metrics, tools, and best practices to sell into your assigned territory
• Consistently hit quota and have mastered the basic workflow
• Capable of owning a customer meeting and effectively selling into VP and C-Levels of multi-billion dollar revenue companies
• Have developed significant abilities in in SaaS sales & Consultative Solutions Selling
•Be able to mentor and train others in the role
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office minutes from Union station with beautiful lake views
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
Application Instructions: Please apply with your resume and a cover letter to outlining why your experience and values make you the right person for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for:
Business Development Representative