As an experienced administrative professional, you love working as the backbone of a business, making a positive impact every single day.
Now, you’re craving something more. A different way of working; a different way of looking at the world; a different way of being.
You want to work at a company that cares about their people and has a higher purpose. You want to work somewhere that embraces autonomy, flexibility, and a culture of innovation. You want to work with a diverse group of kind, compassionate, and creative people.
You want to work with us, The Moment, as our new Office Administrator, supporting the operations of our teams and creative studio environment.
Who We Are:
The Moment is an innovation design studio, whose purpose is to empower people to lead change and co-create a thriving human future. United by a singular goal to make a lasting, positive change, we bring together a diverse set of backgrounds in business, design, and organizational change. We help set up organizations to thrive, adapt, and prepare for the future. We work together to build products, services, and strategies that enable organizations to tackle new challenges—even the ones you can’t yet see.
What you’ll be doing:
As our new Office Administrator, you’ll be the backbone of our studio and support a great experience for team members, our clients, and their customers. Our studio is a dynamic and lively space, and there are always new challenges to tackle, so no two weeks will ever be the same.
We’ll count on you to develop a complete knowledge of our organization and culture, so you can strategically anticipate and address our needs.
You’ll keep our office running flawlessly by supporting team members throughout the company, planning events, and maintaining office services. Success will depend on being organized and rigorous in your approach, while not losing sight of the fun, creative side of things. We’ll look to you to drive our culture forward with every action you take, and we want you to bring your whole self to the studio, every single day.
- You are the face of the studio, there to greet and host visitors, sign for packages, and answer any questions our team might have about the studio and what’s inside
- Make sure the back office is ready and ensure it supports collaborative workshops with customers and research participants, supporting our team of Innovation Designers with what they need…before they even know they need it! In practice, this means:
➢ Purchasing materials and equipment, and managing our inventory of studio supplies
➢ Follow administrative processes and creatively solve administrative problems
➢ General studio upkeep - making sure its tidy and presentable including kitchen management: grocery runs, coffee machine maintenance, tea towel upkeep, kitchen supplies, etc
- Manage and store our client work, devising a system so it’s accessible and up-to-date and addresses client confidentiality needs
- Coordinate and book catering, spaces, and printing for design teams
- Support during in-studio & off-site sessions - from large events, public facing marketing events and research workshops - which includes things like site management, back of house management, etc.
- Provision, deploy, and maintain our hardware and software technology tools, including laptops and phones, the Google Suite of products, Slack, Asana, and Receipt Bank
- Keep track of project expenses and flag when expense budgets are close to complete - track any expenses to projects when they are arranged
- If you can support with proof-reading and tech support, that’s a bonus!
In this dynamic role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to work as a part of a team that embraces freedom, responsibility and accountability. You’ll get to take initiative, make decisions, and be an integral part of company success. Underpinning all this will be your willingness, openness, and confidence to give and receive feedback. The strength of our culture hinges on the trust and vulnerability that we all embrace, and which is made stronger through consistent feedback practices. It makes us better and brings us closer, and it is essential for you to embrace this practice with us.
Working with The Moment:
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm with flexibility. There will also be the occasional evening or weekend, but you’ll always have plenty of notice.
We offer a competitive starting salary of $45,000 to $60,000/year commensurate with your experience. On top of that you will receive full benefits, three weeks’ vacation and additional time off at Christmas, a health spending account, lifestyle spending account, and company provided lunch every day.
And on top of all that, you’ll get to work with a group of incredibly talented, engaged, and caring co-workers.
What Makes You an Ideal Candidate:
The absolutely essential skill in this role is love for helping people. You have to have abundant kindness and empathy, and the desire to work closely with a team. These skills and experiences are also useful and will help you stand out:
- Superior verbal communication and writing skills
- Solution-oriented, and able to prioritize and perform multiple requests and tasks at once
- Experience working in a small business or setting where you wore many hats
- Experience working with Google suite of products (Sheets, Docs and Forms)
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Excel (formulas, cell formatting, pivot tables etc.)
- Comfort with a variety of other web-based business tools, such as Asana, Slack, Receipt Bank, or similar
- Experience in a role that required exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, ex. an administrative role
- Experience in a service-oriented role, such as hospitality or event planning/management
- University degree and/or a diploma/certificate in office administration, office management, or a related discipline (an asset)
How to Apply:
Our online application gives you the chance to apply as more than just a resume. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll be able to view your results.
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
The Moment Inc.