Lead - Oil/Well Process Operator (Meota, SK)
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low-risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 15,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Oil/Wells Process Lead
Location: Meota East
Reports to: Facility Manager
This unique opportunity will support the Commissioning team and participate in the start-up activities of the Meota East 8000 bbl/day SAGD facility. This individual will also support the Ready for Operations activities required to safely transition the plant to an operating facility.
The Oil/Wells Process Lead will assist the Facility Manager in day to day troubleshooting tasks for the facility and implementing Serafina’s safety program. They will be responsible for assisting field staff with maintenance activities, mentoring staff during the completion of their training and assisting with the implementation of Serafina’s Management of Change Program.
The Oil/Wells Process Lead is responsible for the operations of the SAGD well pads, disposal well pad, emulsion processing, and de-oiling operations. This position works closely with the operating staff to ensure that all site equipment is operated and maintained safely, efficiently and in compliance with all applicable legislation. The individual must be highly motivated and able to work in a team environment.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all pressure and process equipment complies with current engineering standards and TSASK Legislation
- Work closely with the Maintenance Group to manage the site Asset’s Integrity Management Program, this includes participating in weekly work order meetings as well as scope defining meetings for preventive maintenance programs
- Provide input to Management of Change and Development Projects to optimize plant efficiency
- Ensure compliance with OH&S regulations
- Provide input for budget forecasting and plant budget management
- Provide input into the development of staff as per the operations training program.
- Opportunity for input into the design, construction, and implementation of future projects
- Support Serafina’s Safety Management Plan, tasks include; collaborate with vendors to ensure they are following Serafina’s HSE practices, closeout of Hazard id’s, supporting HSE personal during incident investigations, and performing regular site inspections. Support the Commissioning team during the start-up of the facility
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
- Ability to provide oversight, guidance, and training to employees
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Third Class Power Engineers Certification
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Familiar with reading facility drawings and understanding equipment specifications
- Minimum 5 years of SAGD operations experience with thermal heavy oil
- Must have a strong understanding of thermal heavy oil or SAGD production, emulsion processing, and de-oiling operations
- Committed to best practices in Health, Safety, and Environmental Management
- Proven experience as a supervisor or a relevant role
- Written communication skills include the ability to prepare correspondence, proposals, and the ability to outline procedures
- Team player with strong leadership, interpersonal, and mentorship skills
- Ability to multi-task and show good judgment in decision making
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to take initiative to implement and follow through on improvements
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results oriented
- Conduct business in a professional, ethical way with a focus on community responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
- Experience with Well Servicing and Workover activity is an asset
Please note – This position is not a camp position. This position is located at our Meota East Facility (35 km from North Battleford).
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are applying for:
Lead - Oil/Well Process Operator (Meota, SK)
North Battleford, SK