Imagine a future in which governments, businesses, healthcare providers and the public globally can observe disease activity in real-time – like watching the vital signs for an entire population. This is exactly the future BlueDot seeks to accomplish by building a global early warning system for infectious diseases.
We design and develop software and data products to empower individuals, governments, and organizations to understand and make better decisions about how to reduce the risks associated with infectious diseases.
We have built a cross-disciplinary team that includes medical doctors, epidemiologists, ecologists, spatial analysts, designers, developers and data engineers. Our HR strategy is very simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to join their unique skills and perspectives within a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer) We are successful together by uniting our team members’ unique strengths and passions.
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.
BlueDot is looking for a driven Account Executive (AE) with a background in B2B technology or SaaS sales and a strong track record of quota overachievement. You will be establishing product-market fit while finding new customers in both new and existing sales channels with a focus on the public healthcare and government sector. You will be responsible for establishing BlueDot as a trusted business partner with target accounts. With a focus on selling to senior executives and management leaders, successful candidates will be able to navigate complex deal cycles as well as identify and close faster moving opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing fast, high volume sales cycles as well as more complex commercial cycles
- Sourcing and developing a pipeline of new opportunities
- Presenting the value of our solutions to the customers' individual needs
- Managing relationships with new and existing customers
- Forecasting sales activity and revenue achievement
- Performing online demos of our product
- Traveling occasionally for conferences and customer presentations
- Tracking important KPIs for campaigns; making changes as needed to campaigns based on results
We’re looking for someone who has/is:
- 3+ years of business development experience, preferably outbound within SaaS, enterprise solution sales
- An understanding of SaaS/software sales concepts such as ARR, MRR, Churn, etc.
- A track-record of over-achieving quota/targets
- Successful experience selling into public health and governments
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with prospecting, as we do high volume outreach to targeted accounts
- CRM experience, Hubspot/Salesforce preferably
- Significant prior sales training and familiar with solution sales and consultative sales process
- Able to manage complex sales cycles with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- An existing network of contacts that could be nurtured to generate sales leads
- Academic background in health/pharma/sciences/public policy/epidemiology or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have:
- Full cycle sales experience
- Experience selling into the broader healthcare sector
What you’ll achieve:
- Attend 2 weeks training & enablement program in Toronto where you learn about our sales process, value proposition, prospecting techniques and BlueDot’s solutions offering
- Master the BlueDot messaging and be able to comfortably present and demo to a C-Level/VP/Director audience
- Plan for hitting sales quota in assigned territories
- Hit the ground running by establishing initial contact with prospects in your assign territories to build out your 60, 90, 120 days pipeline
- Consistently hit quota and have sold into at least 3 keystone clients in your assigned territory
- Built strategic relationships with key decisions makers and influencers within your territory of assigned accounts and sectors
- Be driving growth for BlueDot into new territories to accelerate sales growth and market share
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Competitive base salary + commission structure
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
Application Instructions: Please apply with your resume and a cover letter outlining why your experience and values make you the right person for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for: