ChicoEco, Inc., home of the ChicoBag Company is helping humanity bag the single-use habit. We mean the wasteful, throw-away habit that overflows our landfills and clogs our oceans. We advocate for waste reduction; we design and sell the highest quality reusable products. We partner with organizations, businesses, and schools who share our mission by co-branding quality reusable alternatives to single-use waste. Our products empower people to take an active role in solving the single-use problem. At ChicoBag, we make bagging the single-use habit easy.
The Operations Lead reports to the Operations Manager. The Operations Lead interacts with various departments and their team members to maintain equipment, identify efficiencies and prepare orders for fulfillment. The Operations Lead works directly with Operations Associates to provide guidance on priorities for the day, best practices, and assist with policy development to improve efficiencies within the department. This position is responsible for the day to day supervision of the warehouse staff, prioritization of the workload, allocation of orders, addressing performance issues and maintaining a safe workspace.
We are looking for candidates that are aligned with our core values of sustainability, integrity, and community.
Working for us has its perks:
- Healthcare benefits
- 401k & 401k matching
- Healthy lifestyle stipends
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Paid time to volunteer in the community
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast paced production and/or warehouse environment. The ideal candidate has experience in logistics, supply chain management, and supervising employees.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- International shipping experience is strongly preferred. LTL shipping is a plus as well.
- Familiarity with stand-up electric powered forklifts preferred, but not required. Training will be provided to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Google Apps, UPS Worldship, USPS (Endicia), FedEx Ship Manager and other online business shipping software is desired.
- Knowledgeable in Salesforce or comparable ERP/CRM systems is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledgeable in general shipping & receiving and inventory control procedures.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for communicating to internal and external customers
- Ability to build positive working relationships through strong communication skills and excellent internal and external customer service
- Optimistic, driven, can-do approach to completing projects in a fast-paced production environment. Self-starter, able to see what needs to be done and get it done.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to identify and propose solutions to problems
- Accuracy and detail oriented with the ability to learn quickly
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of the company
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and quality of shipments, including international inbound and outbound shipments.
- Process and allocate orders throughout the day ensuring shipping deadlines are met.
- Determine warehouse staffing levels and assign workload.
- Inspect inventory items for quality control.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; resolving problems and identifying improvements.
- Verify receiving and shipping deadlines are met and report up to the Operations Manager daily on delays and issues.
Warehousing and Logistics
- Support the Operations Manager in maintaining product inventory levels, fulfillment processes, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for conducting monthly physical inventory counts and cycle counts, reconciling variances and providing recommendations on identified supply chain needs.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, efficient warehouse that adheres to safety standards and OSHA guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of shipping supplies and identifying ways to reduce waste and improve efficiency.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Receive and verify all purchase orders and issue requisitioned items from inventory.
- Support the Operations Manager in maintaining records and files in support of purchasing functions and duties.
- Oversee the packing and shipping of materials both domestically and internationally.
- Monitor in house inventory movement and complete inventory transactions.
Printing and Production
- Perform regular daily and weekly maintenance on production equipment to ensure functionality and reliability of equipment.
- Responsible for printing, cutting and prepping all customer artwork for our in-house dye sublimation program.
- Expert understanding of the dye sublimation printer, plotter and associated software programs to run and troubleshoot the equipment efficiently.
- Build and maintain relationships with the equipment vendors and stay up to date on updates, maintenance, and future developments in the printing arena.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies to ensure no downtime of the machines.
- Work with Production Coordinator to keep the production schedule on time and performing to customer expectations.
- Assign daily workload as needed.
- Participate in weekly Operations Team and Companywide meetings
- Suggest and help implement procedures to increase efficiency and accuracy in production to help drive customer satisfaction.
- Performance management of warehouse staff, coordinating with the Operations Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented throughout the department.
- All other duties as assigned.
You are applying for: