Customer Service & Sales Associate
Do you have customer service or sales experience but haven’t found a workplace that fosters a positive, collaborative team spirit?
Are you looking for a position that is going to grow with you, and let you take on more responsibility and impact as you learn?
If so, an opportunity at HMA The BENEFITS People might be exactly what you’ve been hoping for. A role where you can continue to learn, achieve, and grow – in an essential industry that will never go out of style.
We work hard to ensure that companies, and the individuals they employ, lead better, more productive lives by helping them make better choices. We’d love for you to help us continue that mission.
This is your Opportunity
As our new Customer Service & Sales Associate, you’ll work with our HCP/Corsana line of products, with two primary responsibilities:
- directly supporting existing clients with their insurance plan related questions concerns
- selling to new clients who find their way to our agency (inside sales)
Existing clients will connect with you for a number of issues, including policy changes, renewals, and reviews. Your goal will be to provide them with exceptional service, and leave them feeling happy, every time.
You will also connect with new, incoming clients who come to us seeking insurance services. You’ll uncover their needs by asking great questions, and gain their confidence by providing terrific consultative service that allows them to understand how our products work, and which ones are best for them.
You’re a big picture thinker who can recognize opportunities to optimize service for our clients, save them money, and better provide for their needs. You’ll take a proactive approach so we can provide them the service and options that make sense for them, and that will truly improve their lives.
For you, and for us, the most important thing is doing the right thing for our customers.
The best in this role will excel in:
- Client/Customer Focus – you provide the highest quality consultative service to clients, seeking to understand their needs and make them feel great about their decision to buy.
- Collaboration/Teamwork – you work effectively with others to meet goals and satisfy multiple business objectives, and you foster an inclusive culture in which people with diverse backgrounds and expertise are respected and valued.
- Communication and organization – you’re able to confidently articulate information and ideas to clients and coworkers alike. Your outgoing personality instantly puts others at ease, and you always communicate with authenticity.
- Engagement – you take your work seriously, and it shows in your time management, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, and execution under tight deadlines.
If you’ve got excellent customer service and sales skills, and a strong desire to advance your career, you will find success here is only limited by your imagination.
Working @ HMA The BENEFITS People
This is a full-time, permanent position based out of our bright and cheerful Whitby office. You will work Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with flexibility. You’ll start with a competitive salary, matching RSP, terrific benefits, vacation, and opportunities for advancement.
We have a strong, fun-loving company culture that embraces a family-type atmosphere. We do community events together, social outings, and team building events. Every one of our co-workers takes an immense amount of pride in their work, in the company, and in each other. Our values are not just words on a wall – each and every one of us lives those values every day, and we’re hoping that you will too.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help build an even stronger business and make a real personal mark. There is no limit to where you can go with this role.
- Experience in fast-paced customer service role where you had to provide consultative advice
- Experience working in a B2C or inside sales role
- Working knowledge of employee benefits insurance industry, and understanding of provincial insurance rate differences and plan modifications would be an asset
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office (i.e. formatting, formulas, scheduling, and presentations)
- Experience working with CRM systems like TAM or Hubspot is an asset
- Post-secondary education in business, communications, marketing or a related field
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to travel as needed
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Customer Service & Sales Associate
HMA The BENEFITS People