Bookkeeper/ Accounting Technician
Accounting Technician/ Bookkeeper
Year-round Accounting and Tax practice in the Sheppard and Victoria Park area is seeking an Accounting Technician/ Bookkeeper. You are interested in developing a diverse set of skills. You have a desire to exceed client expectation. Your role will be to provide Accounting, Bookkeeping and Tax services for our personal and small business clients.
Who We Are
We are Williamson Accounting, a firm that specializes in providing top-notch accounting, bookkeeping, and taxation services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. Work life balance is very important to us, we maintain happy clients by developing and maintaining a strong and efficient staff. Our services come with a personal touch, being readily available and actively working with our clients to improve their business.
Working at Williamson Accounting
We are a small team who work in unison with one another.
We always strive to be better and inspire our employees to help us improve. We empower you to suggest improvements to our workflow and processes. We recognize those who wish to grow with us and will assist you when the opportunity arises.
Our compensation is competitive which includes earning bonuses based on performance and business development initiatives, but it is our attitude that makes us the place to be. In addition to regular vacation entitlement, our company provides a paid shutdown time off for all employees.
Bookkeeper/ Accounting Technician Responsibilities:
- Communication with clients to provide bookkeeping assistance, onsite and offsite using QuickBooks desktop and QBO;
- Prepare and manage bi-weekly/ semi-monthly payroll and remittances, ROE for clients;
- Prepare and file HST, PST, WSIB, and EHT returns for clients;
- Communication with CRA in assisting clients with routine inquiries;
- Preparing working paper file using CaseWare;
- Preparation of T1, T4, T5, Self-employed and T2 returns;
The successful candidate will possess:
- Certificate/Diploma in accounting or Bookkeeping;
- 2 plus years of prior experience preferable in an accounting firm;
- Knowledge or experience in Canadian Payroll desired;
- Experience with Canadian Personal Tax (T1) preparation;
- Experience with QuickBooks desktop and Certified or willing to attain certification in QBO a must;
- Must be proficient in the English language- both oral and written;
- Ability to multitask, meet recurring deadlines and take ownership of assigned work;
- Must be able to work independently and/ or in a team environment;
- Strong MS office and keyboard skills required;
- Professional and well-groomed demeanor with strong work ethics;
- Punctual with excellent attendance;
- Willing to discuss and contribute to workflow improvement;
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results. Priority will be given to those who complete the assessment.
We encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Bookkeeper/ Accounting Technician