Manager - Accounting/Assurance
Durward Jones Barkwell is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara/Hamilton/Halton region with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. The firm was founded in 1940 and features a dynamic group of professionals including 28 partners and 23 managers.
"Big enough to know, small enough to care." At DJB, these are the words we live by. We value our clients and taking care of their unique needs is what drives our business. As part of our team, you will realize that to us nothing is trivial. We have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. We do all this while remaining personally involved with our clients and the communities where we work and live.
Our Burlington office has an immediate opening for a full-time Manager – Accounting/Assurance.
Reporting to the Partners, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing (and amending as necessary) all Review and/or Compilation Engagement documents to be issued to the client including; working papers, financial statements, planning documents, notes, attached schedule, management letters and tax returns
- Providing constructive criticism of working papers for Review and/or Compilation Engagements and offering guidance and direction to staff working on the file
- Actively engages in networking opportunities with referral sources and business development with potential and/or existing clients
- Attends the Assurance and/or Compilation Engagement final meeting with the client contributes towards discussions
- Identifying planning opportunities for clients
- Ensuring all queries and outstanding points have been resolved satisfactorily
- Assisting with the client billing process
- Delegating sections of the file to junior staff members based on their knowledge, experience and capabilities and ensuring that staff are properly supervised during completion of each procedure
- Coaching staff by providing support and development and by conducting performance evaluations, if deemed appropriate
The successful candidate will have:
- Graduate of a University Accounting Program or equivalent
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
- 2-5 years post-designation experience in a public accounting Firm
- Experience in an oversight role
- Thorough understanding and experience with GAAP/GAAS, ASPE, CAS and CIS and Canadian Taxation
If you are a confident, dedicated and hard working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to clients, we would like to hear from you.
This role offers a competitive compensation package including benefits.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, DJB will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
You are applying for:
Manager - Accounting/Assurance
Durward Jones Barkwell & Company LLP