Who We Are
We are passionate about bringing delicious foods from around the world to conscious consumers here in North America and Australia. We do this in the most sustainable way, directly working with farmers in different regions of the globe and considering our impact on every step of the supply chain. Our certified “green” office is located in the Dogpatch in San Francisco, one of the burgeoning foodie neighborhoods in the foodie capital! In the past years, Alter Eco has experienced tremendous growth, and we are proud to be one of the newly established public benefit corporations in the USA.
We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant to support the growth of the Company. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for GL functions including balance sheet reconciliations, month-end close procedures and financial reporting. This person can comfortably work collaboratively in teams and independently.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years accounting experience preferably with inventory experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with efficiency
- Passion for process improvement and problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system a plus
- Experience with consolidations and foreign currency a plus
- A personal connection to the products and mission of AlterEco a plus
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own and drive the month-end close process and ensure compliance with monthly close calendar.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting package presented to senior leadership.
- Assist with external financial audits.
- Assist in developing and implementing key policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Support management to complete special projects as assigned.
You are applying for:
Alter Eco Foods
San Francisco, CA