Technical Outside Sales (Aftermarket)
You’re an experienced and passionate sales professional known for your incredible people skills, driven and fearless attitude, and technical aptitude.
With your unique blend of skills, it’s no surprise that you have a proven track-record of industrial sales success. Now, you’re ready for the next chapter of your sales career, and are in search of a challenging and highly engaging outside sales opportunity.
If you’re interested in selling industry-leading products as part of a successful and fast-growing company, then look no further.
We’re ETP Energy Technology Products, and we have what you’ve been looking for.
Who are we?
We supply dust management systems that keep the air breathable in industrial settings across the province. We specialize in industrial dust control, industrial ventilation, OEM fan applications, and explosion protection compliance. Our innovative solutions are found across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, forestry, mining, material handling, and institutional.
Over the last 37 years, we’ve developed a reputation for being the very best at what we do. That’s because we empower our sales team with excellent training opportunities, and the support of a highly-engaged and committed team.
We’re now in search of an experienced Outside Sales Representative to join our team as part of our growing aftermarket division.
What You’ll Be Doing
As our new aftermarket outside sales representative, you’ll spend most of your time on the road, visiting customers across the metro-Vancouver area to promote and advance our aftermarket product sales.
You’ll identify customers for which we’ve provided systems and equipment (and those customers with who we’ve lost bids) and meet with them to show them how we can support the maintenance or replacement of parts for their existing dust management systems.
You’ll take ownership over a variety of core tasks, including:
- Working with our inside sales team to identify customers who would benefit from face-to-face meetings
- Connecting with existing customers to discuss product options and secure aftermarket business
- Developing and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships with all customers and suppliers
- Undergoing supplier training to gain an in-depth understanding of the lines we sell
- Working collaboratively with our sales and executive teams for the continuous improvement of our aftermarket sales strategy
- Working with our internal sales coordination and administration team to prepare proposals and quotes, and process customer orders
- Using our CRM System (Sugar) to manage the sales process from start to finish
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills will allow you to excel in this role. You’re a natural relationship builder, able to connect with customers and make them feel heard, while helping them understand how ETP can support their ongoing needs.
As part of our team, you’ll feel good about what you do. Not only will you impact the growth of our business, but you’ll enjoy knowing that your contributions are helping maintain safe and environmentally friendly work environments for communities across our province.
What Makes You a Great Candidate
You’re the ideal candidate for this role because you have industrial sales experience, combined with a technical educational background (e.g. in engineering).
Here are our must-haves:
- Experience in an industrial sales role (outside or inside sales)
- Strong technical writing skills, with experience preparing technical sales quotations/proposals
- Postsecondary diploma or degree mechanical engineering, or similar technical field
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid passport with the ability to travel across Canada and the US (for supplier training)
And here’s what would be a plus:
- Background in industrial ventilation, mechanical equipment installation, and/or equipment sales is an asset
- Experience working with ETP’s market sectors (mining, wood, institutional, etc.) or customer segments (engineers, contractors, end-users, etc.)
- Experience using a CRM system (with experience using Sugar an asset
Working @ ETP Energy Technology Products
This is a full-time job but a lot of the scheduling will be driven by you. When you’re not meeting with clients, you’ll have the choice of working with our team in our Langley office, or remotely from home, which means you’ll have plenty of flexibility. You can expect to spend 4-5 days per week travelling to meet with clients.
You’ll receive a complete compensation package, including a starting salary between $60,000 and $70,000 per year based on experience, plus an uncapped commission structure. You’ll also receive full benefits, and all travel expenses reimbursed.
You’ll be joining a close-knit, family-run environment where everyone works together, helps each other out, and pulls together to ensure success. Here, you won’t be micromanaged: you’ll have the freedom to succeed in your position as you think best.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Technical Outside Sales (Aftermarket)
Energy Technology Products
Langley , BC