The very best sales engineers play a critical role in translating and untangling complex technical information for clients. Using a unique combination of technical knowledge, project management expertise, and communication skills, they work to reveal elegant solutions to their clients’ most important problems.
Does that sound like something you’d love to do? If so, we’d love to meet you.
We’re ETP Energy Technology Products, and we’re looking for you, new Sales Engineer.
Who are we?
We supply dust management systems that keep the air breathable in industrial settings across the province. We specialize in industrial dust control, industrial ventilation, OEM fan applications, and explosion protection compliance. As a representative of industry-leading manufacturers, we’re able to provide innovative solutions in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, forestry, mining, material handling, and institutional.
Over the last 37 years, we’ve developed a reputation for being the very best at what we do. That’s because we empower our sales engineers with the best supplier training, a sophisticated sales strategy, and a highly supportive team.
If you’re ready to accelerate your engineering career with an industry-leading company, read on!
What You’ll Be Doing
During your first year with us, your primary focus will be to learn and deeply understand our full range of products as they relate to industrial ventilation, industrial dust explosion protection, and industrial fire protection. We are a one-stop-shop for clients, so having an in-depth understanding of our components, equipment, and clients’ projects will be critical.
While you may not come with specific industry experience, your mechanical engineering background will serve as the foundation of your success, along with your strong interest in continuing to develop your sales career.
Practically speaking you will:
- Work closely with our sales team to learn the ins-and-outs of our processes and products
- Conduct client site visits (at first with your team, and later independently) to examine and evaluate existing, new, or retrofit systems
- Work with the sales team to learn how to price and prepare bid proposals for jobs
- Oversee won projects from start to finish (coordinating with suppliers, ensuring timelines are met, and dealing with any change orders required)
- Prepare ducting and equipment layout designs
- Serve as a key contact for new and existing clients, and develop strong relationships with them
- Use our CRM system (Sugar) to manage the sales process from start to finish
If you’re interested in bringing your technical know-how to a role where you can solve challenging problems daily, where your interpersonal skills are valued, and where training and career advancement opportunities are abundant, look no further.
Working with ETP Energy Technology Products
This is a full-time permanent position. While occasional client visits will be required to start, you’ll spend most of your time working with our team in our Langley office during your first year. Once you’re fully trained, you can expect to spend 3-5 days per week travelling to meet with clients.
You’ll receive a complete compensation package, including a starting salary between $65,000 and $75,000 per year based on experience plus an uncapped commission structure.You’ll also receive full benefits, and all travel expenses reimbursed.
You’ll be joining a close-knit, family-run environment where everyone works together, helps each other out, and pulls together to ensure success. Here, you won’t be micromanaged: you’ll have the freedom to succeed in your position as you think best.
What Makes You an Ideal Candidate
Here are our must-haves:
- Post-secondary mechanical engineering degree, or related technical field
- Experience working in a technical sales role selling industrial, electrical, commercial, or related systems
- Excellent proficiency with, and experience using 3D design programs including AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing skills with experience responding to RFIs/RFPs and preparing quotations, bid proposals, etc.
- Valid passport and ability to travel across Canada and the United States (for manufacturer training, 1-2 times per year)
- Valid BC Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
And here’s what would be a plus:
- Background in industrial ventilation, mechanical equipment installation, and/or equipment sales is an asset
- Experience working with ETP’s market sectors (mining, wood, institutional, etc.) or customer segments (engineers, contractors, end-users, etc.)
- Experience using a CRM system (with experience using Sugar an asset)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Energy Technology Products
Langley , BC