Sales Engineer (Industrial Fans)
As an experienced sales engineer, you know better than anyone how the perfect blend of technical knowledge and people skills can lead to exceptional success.
Now, you’re at a stage in your career where you want to take your well-developed skills to an established company known for representing industry-leading manufacturers.
Now imagine what you could do, and the success you could have, with the backing of a rapidly growing company who specializes in your area of expertise?
We’re ETP Energy Technology Products, and we want to give you that opportunity.
Who are we?
We supply dust management systems that keep the air breathable in industrial settings across the province. We specialize in industrial dust control, industrial ventilation, OEM fan applications, and explosion protection compliance. Our innovative solutions are found across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, forestry, mining, material handling, and institutional.
Over the last 37 years, we’ve developed a reputation for being the very best at what we do. That’s because we empower our sales engineers with the best supplier training, a sophisticated sales strategy, and a highly supportive team.
Our team is now in search of an experienced Sales Engineer to specialize in industrial ventilation fan sales for one of our leading suppliers.
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll join our team equipped with several years of industry experience and your own book of business. With your significant knowledge of industrial fan applications, you can expect your training period to be quick. Your focus to start will be on learning our sales procedures while getting up to speed on our supplier’s products.
This role involves the full scope of sales activities, from driving lead generation to visiting customers, quoting new business and securing bid proposals.
You will support a mix of new business and existing clients (some of which you’ll bring, and some of which we have), with your sales generating activities focused on light industrial fans, industrial fans, heavy industrial process fans, and corrosion resistance fans.
You’ll set your own pace to accomplish a variety of core tasks, including:
- Developing strong, long-lasting relationships with end users, engineering consultants, contractors, and OEM manufacturers
- Serving as a key contact for new and existing clients
- Seeking out and following up on leads
- Scheduling and attending meetings with clients to investigate their needs
- Determining competitive, innovative solutions to meet clients’ requirements using our suppliers’ products
- Clearly presenting complex, detailed technical information to clients verbally and in written format via proposals using your strong business writing skills
- Working with our internal sales coordination and administration team to prepare quotations and secure bid proposals
- Using our CRM system (Sugar) to manage the sales process from start to finish
Working with ETP Energy Technology Products
This is a full-time job but a lot of the scheduling will be driven by you. When you’re not meeting with clients (within BC), you’ll have the choice of working with our team in our Langley office, or remotely from home, which means you’ll have plenty of flexibility. You can expect to spend 3-5 days per week travelling to meet with clients.
You’ll receive a complete compensation package with a starting salary between $60,000 - $70,000 based on experience plus commission structure. You’ll also receive full benefits, and all travel expenses reimbursed.
You’ll be joining a close-knit, family-run environment where everyone works together, helps each other out, and pulls together to ensure success. Here, you won’t be micromanaged: you’ll have the freedom to succeed in your position as you think best.
What Makes You an Ideal Candidate
The best candidate for this role will come prepared with experience as a technical sales specialist or engineer with a focus on selling industrial fans and blowers. Additionally, you’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Post-secondary mechanical engineering degree, or related
- Strong writing proficiency with experience responding to RFIs/RFPs and preparing quotations, bid proposals, etc.
- Experience using a CRM system (with experience using Sugar an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid passport and ability to travel across Canada and the United States (for manufacturer training, 1-2 times per year)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Sales Engineer (Industrial Fans)
Energy Technology Products
Langley , BC