Facility Manager (Meota, SK)
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 12,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Reports to: Manager, Operations
The Facility Manager is accountable to the Manager, Operations and will initially support the engineering, construction, commissioning and start-up of an 8,000 barrel per day SAGD facility for Meota East. Once the project is up and running the Facility Manager will be accountable for ensuring that the facility runs safely, and efficiently. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team to strategize the operations of the facility, and provide leadership to operations staff in the plant.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support the completion of all pre-startup deliverables for operations staff prior to commissioning. Deliverables include but are not limited to: operating procedures/policy, HSE standards, and facility maintenance planning, financial planning/budgeting
- Support the commissioning of the facility
- Manage the day-to-day of the facility to ensure safe and efficient operations of the plant equipment
- Participate in Serafina’s MOC process
- Identify and scope opportunities to maximize production, minimize operating costs, and eliminate downtime
- Set an example in safety leadership with Serafina’s employees and contractors
- Troubleshoot and repair/resolve process problems
- Support operations team to execute process changes to the operating conditions of the facility and well pad
- Participate in monthly/yearly budgeting requirements.
- Create yearly operational budgets and identify yearly capital spending opportunities
- Understand and perform safety, environmental and regulatory responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lock out, emergency response, and implement safe working procedures
- Ensure effective communication with a multi-disciplinary team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 8 years supervisory experience for a producing oil and gas company
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Minimum 3rd class power engineer certificate
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Perform duties independently with minimum supervision
- Able to interpret facility drawings (i.e. PID’s, H&M Balance sheets, line lists, and shutdown keys)
- The individual will be required to work a 5 on 2 off schedule with a residence in the Meota/Lloydminster/North Battleford Communities
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are applying for:
Facility Manager (Meota, SK)
Lloydminster (Area), SK