Precision Ag Manager
We are looking for an experienced ag professional to lead the development and implementation of precision farming for the entire organization including the execution of the John Deere Precision Ag™ strategy. The position can be based at any one of our five locations, although Avonlea is preferred.
Skills to be effective are:
- Inquisitive and curious of new trends and their impact on farming
- Calm disposition able to multi-task and deal with competing priorities
- Charismatic easily able to lead, network and build relationships with all partners, customers and staff
- Strategic and tactical bringing plans based on data to life
- High level communicator able to influence through presentations
- Strong customer service by identifying existing/emerging customer needs and providing a solutions-based approach
- Able to lead the team and inspire action
- 5+ years experience in an agriculture-related role, preferably in Agronomy or precision farming practises
- 2+ years leading and developing a team
- Dealership sales, service, training, or other related work experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store locations and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business, or Agriculture Mechanization or equivalent experience preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor certification or equivalent an asset
- Clean driver’s abstract and valid driver’s license
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops the strategic direction in the development, execution, and delivery of Precision Agriculture Solutions
- Creates a distinct value proposition for precision farming practices in the area of responsibility and develops programs/services to simplify the adoption of precision farming practices.
- Remains current on production practices, latest trends and changes in regulations and provides leadership across the organization for precision farming products
- Partners with Service, Parts, and Sales management in the development and execution of services and solutions to identify and address customer needs ensuring inventory requirements are met.
- Sets goals and identifies precision farming products for mainstreaming Precision Ag Strategies at the dealership
- Works with the Precision Ag team to ensure quality machine data capture, proper machine set-up and proper delivery of third-party recommendations.
- Leads the Precisions Ag team to develop content, materials and resources for customer clinics.
- Develops relationships and investigates partnering opportunities with third party service providers
- Serves as internal and external agronomic specialist for all precision farming products and practices.
- Assists with the development and training of the department team and completes performance reviews of Precision Ag staff
- Communicates, enforces, and monitors effective Precision Ag department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
You are applying for:
Precision Ag Manager
Nelson Motors & Equipment Partnership