Senior Project Manager
Project/construction management position with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, in the clean energy sector, serving community solar and commercial solar clients. Position is responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the construction process, including bidding, qualification of subcontractors and working with owners, engineers, and vendors.
Strong problem-solving abilities are a must in order to deal with inevitable shifts in project scope, schedule, etc. The position requires an understanding of the construction business, safety compliance, and the ability to work under deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.This is a mid-level to senior position, depending on experience level, with a high degree of responsibility. Expectations are focused on managing budget(s) and schedule(s) while maintaining a high level of communication internally and with the various external stakeholders.
This is an opportunity to become a part of an exciting and expanding company, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for career growth. Pivot Energy is a triple bottom line company, measuring success not just by profits, but also by how we care for our employees and the environment.
- Responsible for P&L of assigned projects
- Implement and reinforce safety on the job-site
- Oversee quality assurance/quality control on the project
- Review drawings and specifications and have a thorough understanding of the scope of work
- Solicit and obtain bids, identify qualified subcontractors and negotiate price and scope
- Develop and deliver job progress reports
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and act to assure projects stay on schedule
- Initiate close-out procedures and prepare close-out documents
- Approve invoices and manage progress billings
- Monitor construction progress on a regular basis
- Address any issues that arise during construction
- Conduct project meetings
- Maintain continuous contact with customer to keep them informed of project status
- Coordinate with all permitting authorities
- Coordinate with project designers and engineers to assure timely completion of design documents
- Assist business development in developing project estimates and schedules during sales process
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge in construction means and methods, experience in solar projects a plus.
- Strong organization, leadership, negotiation and delegation skills are required
- Working knowledge of scheduling concepts such as CPM, Gantt charts, etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Strong computer skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum four (4) years related experience required
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
- NABCEP certification is a plus
- OSHA 30 is a plus
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible, and some late evenings may be required. Travel domestically to job sites ranging from 10-25% of work hours, primarily by car. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Compensation & Benefits
Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. The qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Pivot’s health insurance, four weeks of paid vacation, 401(k) match, and other outstanding benefits. Salary to be determined in accordance with level of experience.
You are applying for:
Senior Project Manager