Project Development Manager
The Project Development Manager will assist the company’s land acquisition and project development effort to assess solar land sites, conduct due diligence, prepare permitting documents, facilitate utility interconnect documents, and assist in completing finance transactions. There are many moving pieces to develop a large-scale solar project, and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and communicate is paramount. This is an exciting, fast paced industry requiring smarts and motivation to succeed. Job details are listed below. Please include a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Conduct due diligence on potential solar sites to ensure suitable for future solar projects.
- Title review, remove title encumbrances, work toward an insurable Title policy.
- Assist the land prospecting effort, landowner communication, site lease/purchase negotiation.
- Evaluate the suitability of identified sites through site visits, due diligence review, analysis of various reports (i.e. environmental, geo-tech, etc.).
- Arrange and manage sub-contractors and consultants on an as needed basis.
- Assist in compiling and creating permitting documents with various permitting authorities.
- Facilitate the study of interconnection and transmission opportunities in different utility territories.
- Attend public hearings to promote solar development projects.
- Work with 3rd party consultants such as engineers, environmental consultants, independent engineers, geotechnical, landscapers, and other trades as needed.
- Manage the Utility interconnection requirements and ensure proper implementation.
- Work with engineers, sales team, construction team/EPC, and management to coordinate timing of project development activities.
- Evaluate punch list items and project deliverables upon substantial completion. Inspect final construction to identify completion and request any revisions/changes as it relates to land use permit.
- Analyze rules, tariffs, laws, and other market characteristics in new market territory to facilitate a successful market development campaign.
- Assist sales and business development team to identify community solar subscription opportunities. In some cases, act as lead with certain subscription opportunities as the opportunity/need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree; a relevant advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience with real estate and/or energy development; renewable energy experience preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of land use permitting, zoning, and construction as it relates to solar.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, but who is not afraid to ask questions in order to most efficiently use time.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage complex evaluation processes for a significant number of potential sites to inform sound site selection decision-making
- Excellent communication and public relation skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to enhance the company’s reputation through interpersonal interactions.
- Experience in the solar PV industry is greatly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in all basic programs, Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Project management software knowledge a plus. AutoCAD knowledge a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to sites and permitting authorities.
- Ability to travel, make own travel arrangement, and be self-reliant while in other markets.
- Bachelor’s degree; a relevant advanced degree preferred, but not required
Basis of employment: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours per week.
Candidate must furnish his/her own cell phone, though reimbursement for monthly costs is provided. Candidate should be prepared for regional travel.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. Upon completing the probationary period, the qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Pivot Energy’s health insurance, 401(k) plan, four weeks of vacation, and other outstanding benefits.
Salaried position - compensation will be based on level of experience.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be reviewed.
You are applying for:
Project Development Manager
Washington DC, DC