Solar Land Development Manager
Pivot Energy is a triple bottom line company, measuring success not just by profits, but also by how we care for our employees and the environment. We are seeking an individual to help develop a site portfolio for community solar projects. This position will identify sites (land, rooftops, and parking lots) appropriate for solar development, conduct potential site due diligence activities, and negotiate lease and purchase agreements. This is an exciting, fast paced industry requiring smarts and motivation to succeed. Job details are listed below. Please include a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this position.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify both privately and publicly owned potential sites in multiple target counties across Illinois.
- Evaluate the suitability of identified sites through site visits, review of title reports, analysis of various site data, and understanding of the applicable permitting regime
- Negotiate lease/lease option and purchase/purchase option agreements
- Complete other typical tasks that enable Pivot Energy to decide whether or not to enter into an agreement for rights to build and operate a solar project at a particular potential site
QUALIFICATIONS / PREREQUISITES
- Five or more years of real estate and/or energy development experience; renewable energy experience preferred, but not required
- Strong understanding of real estate business and experience closing real estate and/or land transactions
- Solid knowledge of Chicagoland area and surrounding areas a plus
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, but who is not afraid to ask questions in order to most efficiently use her/his time
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage complex evaluation processes for a significant number of potential sites to inform sound site selection decision-making
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to knock on doors and make cold calls to explore potential sites
- Positive attitude and ability to enhance the company’s reputation through her/his interpersonal interactions
- Computer literate with working knowledge of software programs relevant to site identification and evaluation tasks
- Bachelor’s degree; a relevant advanced degree preferred, but not required
Basis of employment: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours per week.
Candidate must furnish his/her own cell phone, though reimbursement for monthly costs is provided. Candidate should be prepared for local travel to client sites, in their own vehicle.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. Upon completing the probationary period, the qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Pivot Energy’s health insurance, 401(k) plan, four weeks of vacation, and other outstanding benefits.
Compensation is market-competitive, consisting of a combination of base salary plus commission.
Applications that do not include cover letters will not be reviewed.
You are applying for:
Solar Land Development Manager
Washington DC, DC