Solar Project Developer
Pivot Energy is a triple bottom line company, measuring success not just by profits, but also by how we care for our employees and the environment. We are seeking a motivated and self-directing individual to join our sales team, focused on the growing solar market in the DC region. The regional office is based in DC, but there is also the potential to work remotely from a nearby city. This full time position offers a great opportunity with growth potential at a cutting-edge solar company with operations in multiple US markets.
The Project Developer’s primary qualifications include demonstrated abilities to meet sales goals, present professionally, learn quickly, and work both alone and as part of a team. Experience in solar or energy is necessary, which we will consider along with natural sales ability, passion for clean energy and the ability to learn independently. An important skill is the ability to listen to the needs of a client, communicate the excitement associated with the solutions our company offers, and close deals.
This is an opportunity to become a part of an exciting and fun-loving team, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for growth.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track Sales Activities – It is a requirement to record all contacts and sales activities in our CRM system
- Network – Attend events with networking opportunities; get involved in industry and community groups
- Learn - Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Solar Assessments – Qualify potential customers and remotely assess the capacity for solar
- Create Proposals – Utilize our proposal generator to produce professional proposals
- Make Presentations – Identify and meet with the appropriate decision makers and present the costs and benefits in a professional manner
- Close Deals – If you are not a closer, please don’t apply
QUALIFICATIONS / PREREQUISITES
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite; willingness to learn other software applications
- Passion to learn new things through self-study and structured settings
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
Preferably a Bachelor’s degree, though an Associate’s Degree or relevant job experience will be considered.
Basis of employment: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours per week.
Candidate must furnish his/her own cell phone, though reimbursement for monthly costs is provided. Candidate should be prepared for regional travel to client sites.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. Upon completing the probationary period, the qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Pivot Energy’s health insurance, 401(k) plan, four weeks of vacation, and other outstanding benefits.
Base salary plus commissions; compensation will be negotiated based on qualifications.
Applications that do not include cover letters will not be reviewed.
You are applying for:
Solar Project Developer
Washington DC, DC