There are a few different things that every marketing person wants in a job: the support of an established team, the ability to shape sales strategy and direction, and a positive work environment that encourages creativity.
Usually you’d have to choose between those, but at T. Harris Environmental Management, you can have it all.
We’re a leading Canadian environmental consulting firm, established in 1979. We specialize in environmental services, hazardous materials management, industrial hygiene, and occupational health and safety. We empower companies to create safe and healthy environments.
If you’re looking for a vibrant team environment where you’ll have the chance to build a meaningful career, then look no further.
Your goal in this position will be to support the day-to-day operations of our sales and marketing team. Using your strong knowledge of design software and website maintenance, you’ll find creative ways to bring our brand to a new generation of clients.
A big part of succeeding will involve organizing and delivering content. Working primarily with Adobe Illustrator and WordPress, you’ll work with content on a variety of online platforms: everything from our website to social media and E-mail newsletters.
When you’re not working on content, you’ll be doing marketing communications and research. Sometimes that will mean looking for business opportunities and contacting potential clients by phone and email. Other times, it will involve doing market research and generating new ideas for marketing initiatives, attending trade shows etc.
The best in this role will do more than produce quality materials and designs: they’ll take an active interest in the sales portion of our business, and drive opportunities by being passionate and knowledgeable about our industry and the difference we make.
While your experience will be the foundation of your success, you’ll thrive in this role because you are:
- Organized – you have strong organizational skills that allow you to meet deadlines: even when you’ve got a dozen things on the go.
- Motivated – whether you’re calling potential clients, following leads, or producing content, you’re driven by the desire to get results and make an impact.
- Team-focused – you excel when working with others, and build trust with those around you. You’re reliable, and are always looking for ways to learn and help the team do better.
Working @ T. Harris Environmental Management
This is a full-time permanent position working out of our Toronto office, located near Hwy 27 and Dixon Road. You’ll work Monday to Friday, standard business hours.
Along with a comprehensive benefits package, you’ll earn a competitive salary between $40,000 and $50,000 per year (commensurate with experience).
If you asked members of our team why they love working here, they’d tell you about our empowering environment where personal and professional development are celebrated. We encourage our staff to bring forward their ideas, thoughts, and desires as they expand their expertise and grow into new roles.
Here are our must-haves:
- Experience in a marketing role in a technical industry (within the environmental industry would be ideal!)
- 1+ years experience in website maintenance and proficiency with WordPress
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and/or Inkscape
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with CRM software (ACT! or Salesforce preferred)
- Degree or diploma in marketing, business administration, communications or similar
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle (for travel to tradeshows, other industry events, etc.)
And here’s what would make you really stand out:
- Professional marketing experience within a consulting firm
- Exposure to or experience with B2B sales and/or business development
- Background/experience in environmental, construction or a related industry
- Ability to read CAD drawings
- Experience with Hootsuite, Hubspot, or similar automated marketing software
- Bilingual (English/French)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
T. HARRIS ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT INC.