Health, safety, environmental hazards – these are more than just buzzwords for you.
You’re passionate about the environmental services industry, and you’re eager for an opportunity to work on challenging projects that make a difference.
So are we. We’re T. Harris Environmental Management, a leading Canadian environmental consulting firm, established in 1979. We specialize in environmental services, hazardous materials management, industrial hygiene, and occupational health and safety. We empower companies to create safe and healthy environments.
If you’re seeking a high impact role where you’ll have plenty of opportunity for advancement, then look no further.
Your goal in this position will be twofold, with your time will be split between 1) providing expert consultation services related to occupational hygiene/industrial health and safety, and 2) business development.
Succeeding in consultation will be all about your expertise in custom analysis/ implementation: everything from air quality to chemical/biological contaminants and occupational health/safety.
Working with clients in a variety of industries, you’ll test, measure, and implement health and safety plans. You are creative and meticulous, and are an expert in a range of environmental testing methodologies. You produce accurate reports and records that make next steps easy.
When you’re not working directly on projects, you’ll be applying your knowledge of the industry to develop business opportunities. You know what clients are looking for, and will develop ways to capture that business. You’re great with people, and find ways to bring business in touch with client needs.
While your experience will be the foundation of your success, you’ll thrive in this role because you are:
- Organized – you’re at your best when juggling multiple and competing priorities. You have proven organizational strategies that allow you to meet deadlines and manage your time effectively.
- An excellent communicator – whether you’re working with new hires, or communicating important data and analysis, you’re clear and precise at all times. Your excellent communication skills let you build strong client relationships because you’re honest and direct.
- Independent – you’re able to make important decisions without consultation, and have the confidence and knowledge to complete tasks on your own.
Working @ T. Harris Environmental Management
This is a full-time permanent position working out of our Toronto office, located near Hwy 27 and Dixon Road. You’ll work Monday to Friday, standard business hours, with occasional early/late starts based on client needs.
Along with a comprehensive benefits package, you’ll earn a competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
If you asked members of our team why they love working here, they’d tell you about our empowering environment where personal and professional development are celebrated. We encourage our staff to bring forward their ideas, thoughts, and desires as they expand their environmental expertise.
Here are our must-haves:
- 3+ years experience as an occupational hygienist
- Experience in environmental consulting or similar
- CIH/ROH certification in good standing
- Experience designing/implementing health and safety programs
- Experience with a wide range of sampling/testing tools and techniques
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and principles (i.e., lognormal, Bayesian, or similar)
- Experience evaluating air, noise, heat stress, biological/chemical exposures, ergonomics, radiation, and industrial processes
- Proficiency in Windows applications, spreadsheets, and ability to read and interpret CAD drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or a related discipline
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to pass security screening while working with government clients
And here’s what would make you really stand out:
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience training new hires in the environmental industry
- Skill/experience in business development
- Active in the Occupational Hygiene/Safety community (volunteering, professional organizations/committees etc.)
- Bilingual (English/French)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
T. HARRIS ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT INC.