A stable company with a long track record of success. An assertive growth projection with a clear plan on how to reach those goals. A meaningful, long-term career with a company that has a strong, supportive management team and great work culture.
That’s the opportunity we’re offering – will you reach out and take it?
We’re Polycorp, and our cutting-edge polymer-based products extend the life of roads, railways and tankers by actively reducing the damage caused by continual wear and tear.
We’re looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who can generate innovative solutions for a range of custom design projects.
So if you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
Winning the biggest contracts in North America means we’re growing rapidly, and we’re ready to take on even more. That’s why we hire the very best engineers: people who bring creativity and determination to every project. As a new member of our team, you’ll get the chance to solve complex design problems that have a major impact on our operations.
This role will involve a range of duties related to the design, production, and quality assurance of manufactured components. Using a strong understanding of both engineering and manufacturing principles (such as FMEA and PPAP), you’ll design both processes and components that optimize quality, cost, and production speed.
In terms of design, you’ll apply your deep technical knowledge to the initial process. Using modeling software and other technical means, you’ll draft schematics that fit specific client needs.
This role will also involve designing parameters and procedures. Working with everything from materials to machines and schedules, you’ll monitor and test our production lines to ensure that standards, including health and safety, are met.
You’ll excel in this role of you have the following:
- Attention to detail – you pay attention to the small details that make a big difference. Whether that means double-checking a calculation, or knowing the specifications of a machine by heart, nothing gets past you.
- Communication – you’re as comfortable working on cross-functional teams as you are with fellow engineering staff or operators. You avoid misunderstandings, and communicate even complex and technical information with ease.
- Analysis – when it comes to testing everything from machines to materials, you’re driven by a desire understand things in detail. You use sound judgment and practical experience when solving problems.
Working with Polycorp
This is a full-time permanent position that involves occasional travel. We offer a highly competitive compensation package. On top of base salary, you can expect extended health and dental benefits.
This is a role where you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark and put all of your talents and abilities to use. For the right person, there will be plenty of opportunities for movement and growth within our company.
We are a Canadian owned company with decades of history as a world leader in our field. We have a terrific company culture, and have appeared on Canada’s Best Managed Companies list for 5 straight years. If you’re ready to take on a career-defining role, this could be the place for you.
- Degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical, chemical, or a related field.
- Experience as an industrial or mechanical engineer, preferably in manufacturing or a related industry.
- Experience interpreting engineering schematics and calculations, including geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis.
- Experience in cost reductions and removing waste from all areas of the organization.
- Experience with RED X or similar root causing tools.
- Familiarity with SPC/CIP, Six Sigma lean manufacturing, FMEA, APQP, and DOE.
- ASQ certification would be an asset.
- Familiarity with common manufacturing/engineering software.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: