A stable company with a long track record of success. An assertive growth projection with a clear plan on how to reach those goals. A meaningful, long-term career with a company that has a strong, supportive management team and great work culture.
That’s the opportunity we’re offering – will you reach out and take it?
We’re Polycorp, and our cutting-edge polymer-based products extend the life of roads, railways and tankers by actively reducing the damage caused by continual wear and tear.
We’re looking for multiple Shift Supervisors who want to make a big difference on the line while advancing their careers.
If you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with plenty of opportunities for advancement, we want to hear from you.
The main purpose of this role is to provide both logistical and personnel management for set manufacturing shifts. Overseeing a team of production workers, you’ll be a resource for everyone on the line, and provide knowledge, support, and motivation.
On any given shift you’ll have up to 25 direct reports with various tasks and experience levels. Before, during, and after shifts, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that machines and the shop floor are production ready and compliant to quality standards, with an absolute minimum of waste.
Succeeding in this role also involves big-picture thinking, and the ability to meet both long and short-term goals. On a day-to-day basis, that means hitting production, cost and quality targets, while maintaining health and safety. In the long-term, that means maintaining employee retention and building team morale.
As a team leader, you’ll be responsible for training, advancing, and retaining our operational staff. The best in this role will do more than manage from a distance: they’ll be hands-on when necessary, and demonstrate investment in the success of the team.
You’ll excel in this role of you have the following as well:
- Leadership – you do more than provide instructions, you lead by example and make the people around you better. People want to work for you because you’re as invested in their success as you are in your own.
- Communication – using your industry experience, you communicate instructions, goals, and training with ease. You know how to coach staff for the long term, and maintain excellent working relationships based on trust and understanding.
- Awareness – you have a strong intuition, and whether you’re dealing with personality issues with employees, or mechanical issues, you’re always aware of what’s going on. You face problems directly, and provide leadership on simple and complex problems alike.
Working with Polycorp
This is a full-time permanent position, consisting primarily continental shifts. We offer
a highly competitive compensation package, with above average salary ranges depending on your experience.
This is a role where you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark and put all of your talents and abilities to use. For the right person, there will be plenty of opportunities for movement and growth within our company.
We are a Canadian owned company with decades of history as a world leader in our field. We have a terrific company culture, and have appeared on Canada’s Best Managed Companies list for 5 straight years. If you’re ready to take on a career-defining role, this could be the place for you.
- Experience in a supervisory/leadership role, preferably in industrial manufacturing or similar.
- Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing/machining industry, as well as best practices and relevant principles.
- Experience managing teams of up to 25 people.
- Demonstrated ability to develop your team to consistently meet target metrics such as PPOH, quality, and waste.
- Experience implementing and maintaining continuous improvement methodologies, including Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.
- Experience implementing health and safety procedures, and a strong demonstrated background of safe work practices.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: