IT Support Technician
As an experienced IT professional, you know better than anyone that IT is about so much more than tickets and troubleshooting.
It’s about helping businesses succeed. It’s about implementing technical solutions that make workplaces simply work.
We’re Smart Dolphins, a managed IT services company that helps small to medium sized businesses leverage technology to drive productivity and growth. Our goal is to ensure our Allies’ (our term for customers) IT is always an asset in their organization, by aligning their technology with their business goals.
Thanks to our growth, we’re now looking for a new IT Support Technician/Network Administrator. If you’re ready to join a close-knit team and be part of a company whose core characteristics include self-management, continuous growth, and doing the right thing, then look no further.
IT Support Technician/Network Administrator
As our newest IT Support Technician/Network Administrator, your goal is to provide world-class customer service and leadership to our customers. You will deliver our managed service program through remote and on-site computer, networking and alignment support.
As you get started with us, you’ll work out of our office providing remote technical support to our Allies. You’ll get to know them and their infrastructure while getting to know our team, brushing up on the technical skills you’ll use here, and learning about our business.
Once you’re up and running, you’ll also have a chance to visit Allies on-site to make sure their technical infrastructure is running smoothly. You’ll take a proactive approach, digging deeply into Allies’ technology to ensure we get ahead of the reactive problems and reduce future issues. You’ll help our Allies sleep well at night, knowing their businesses and technologies are secure.
As part of our team, you will learn all aspects of our business and our managed IT services program. Working together, we’ll discover your strengths and specializations and work towards the right fit of role, interest, challenge, and job satisfaction.
Practically speaking, here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide remote technical support to clients/Allies online and via phone
- Travel to Allies’ sites to perform proactive and reactive network support services, as well as to participate in onboarding new clients
- Manage and analyze client LAN/WAN infrastructure, virtual environments, storage, backup and security technologies to help manage and identify risks within Allies’ IT environments
- Educate Allies on best use and configuration of LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and repair network technology, including operating systems, hardware, and application software
- Create and maintain a technical documentation library for client system configurations
- Work cross functionally with other support teams to deliver comprehensive IT solutions
- Work on/with the reactive support (service desk) team as often as required
The Right Fit:
Like you, our best IT Support Technicians are:
- Customer focused: you’re passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience. You build strong Ally relationships grounded in trust and genuine caring.
- Process-oriented: checklists, documentation, and standards excite you. You enjoy building and following systems that keep things organized and clients happy.
- Continuous learners: if you don’t know something, you ask questions and jump right in to learn new skills.
- Team players: you’re known for always lending a hand and sharing your knowledge and time with your teammates.
- Responsible: you take ownership of your role, and always do the right thing for our Allies, their business, and our team.
If this sounds like you, then we can’t wait to meet you!
Working @ Smart Dolphins
Our team is our number one priority. We strive to create a supportive work environment made up of sincere, trustworthy, and honest people who genuinely care about one another.
Our leadership is committed to teaching our team about our business, and providing continuous learning and educational opportunities. Working here means being part of a business you can take pride in.
If you asked our team why they love Smart Dolphins, they’ll tell you being here feels like being home. We have an incredibly comfortable office with a fully-equipped kitchen, showers, a huge outdoor patio, couches (for naps!), ping pong, and nerf guns. We’ve even have a robot that you can use to join meetings remotely!
This is a full-time, permanent position working in out of our Victoria, BC office. You’ll also occasionally work with clients on-site (located mainly on Vancouver Island). Your travel expenses are fully reimbursed.
You’ll work Monday to Friday, typically during business hours. Occasionally, due to client needs, you may need to work after-hours or on weekends. There’s also the possibility of working from home from time to time.
You’ll earn between $40,000 - $60,000/year, commensurate with experience. You’ll also have access to RSP matching, a medical/dental trust, a rewards program, a company laptop and cellphone, a personal vehicle allowance, and a profit sharing program. In addition to standard vacation, you’ll receive 5 additional sick days off.
- Hands-on experience managing business class desktop/network technologies
- One or more of the following technical certifications: MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCA
- Experience managing/troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7, 10 in a business environment
- Experience managing/troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN network connectivity
- Experience managing/configuring/troubleshooting: Hyper V, firewalls, network switches (including VLANS), NAS devices
- Experience with backup/disaster recovery devices
- Experience with remote management tools
- Experience with any of the following: Connectwise, Lab Tech, Dell servers, cloud services like Office 365, StorageCraft, Meraki, OpenDNS security technology, APC UPS and Powerchute
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from ALL groups and people, including those who are traditionally underrepresented. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
IT Support Technician
Victoria , BC