This is a 4 to 6 month contract position with the possibility of a permanent position at the end of the contract.
What you will do.
As our new Warehouse Supervisor, you’ll be involved both logistics and personnel. You are NOT the type of supervisor who simply manages and observes, you get your hands dirty and get the job done, whatever needs to be done!
You will work with the Business Intelligence team to figure out the production plan. Once you’ve got the details hammered out, you’ll be in charge of communicating and implementing that plan with your crew and communicating production goals have been met back to the Business Intelligence team.
Whether we are shipping or receiving, you will need to make sure that everything is always going according to plan, ensuring all the moving parts are performing in perfect harmony.
The other big part of this role involves leading the team, training, and scheduling people to maximize production effectiveness. At any given time you’ll be managing between 10 and 25 people, so you’ll need to bring strong organizational and people skills to this role.
This also involves motivating people, and figuring out ways to help your team do their best. Sometimes that means putting people on the right jobs, or taking disciplinary action when things aren’t going so well. It always involves listening, communicating, and energizing your team to work together.
- A person who loves to win and hustles to ensure success; you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you don't fade under pressure you actually think it is fun!
- An entrepreneurial thinker and relentless problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can overcome challenges, on-the-fly, in a thoughtful and meaningful way
- Detail oriented; you're busy and over-booked, but you manage to do it all, with a smile on your face, and success in the end
- A person of high integrity; you want to get things done while also doing it the right way with a customer-first attitude
- Passionate and purposeful; you want to build a foundation for a career in warehouseing, everything you do has a purpose
- A team player; you understand that this is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need each other to be successful
- An advocate for wellness; you have passion for health, wellness and driving innovation
The role in more detail.
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of the warehouse.
- Supervise warehouse team, including delegation, training, performance evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure all orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Assist with picking and packing shipments to be shipped out daily.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Manage third party logistics providers.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Develop KPIs for all warehouse personnel. Analyse and report on the daily, monthly and annual department key performance indicators.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Take into account full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department.
- Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
- Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary.
What you have done to get here.
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in a warehouse lead hand or supervisor function.
- Direct working knowledge of operations and warehousing.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and the leadership team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
You are applying for:
PUR Company Inc