15 hours per week
January 18 – March 9
Who We Are:
We are passionate about bringing delicious foods from around the world to conscious consumers here in North America and Australia. We do this in the most sustainable way, directly working with farmers in different regions of the globe, and taking into account our impact on every step of the supply chain. Our certified “green” office is located in the Dogpatch in San Francisco, one of the burgeoning foodie neighborhoods in the foodie capital! In the past years, Alter Eco has experienced tremendous growth, and we are proud to be one of the newly established public benefit corporations in the USA.
This temporary role will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of samples to industry partners and consumers, both domestically and internationally. This position will include preparing, monitoring, and coordinating outgoing shipments for the Alter Eco Sales & Marketing team.
- Ensure timely delivery of sample shipments to correct locations
- Tracking enroute samples to resolve any issues and avoid delays
- Preparing shipment labels and ensuring packages are shipped as cost-effectively as possible, consolidating where feasible
- Tracking shipment costs for projects
- Preparing customs invoices for International Shipments
- Ensuring accurate entries of sample products used in the company database
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- Familiarity with UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS Label Entries
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Organization Skills
ABOUT ALTER ECO:
Alter Eco is a pioneer of fair trade and organic enlightened indulgence. All Alter Eco products are USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Carbon Neutral Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten-Free (excluding Dark Salt & Malt Organic Chocolate). Recognized as a top certified Benefit Corporation and one of the first registered Public Benefit Corporations, Alter Eco is dedicated to full-circle sustainability throughout its operations and supply chain through four pillars: sourcing using Fair Trade principles, producing of only organic and non-GMO foods, creating minimal waste by working towards 100 percent compostable packaging, and in-setting carbon emissions by means of large-scale reforestation programs in the cooperatives that produce its crops. These principals are entwined with Alter Eco’s commitment to the highest quality ingredients and taste in all its products. More information is available at www.alterecofoods.com. Follow Alter Eco via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and Instagram.
You are applying for:
Alter Eco Foods
SAN FRANCISCO, CA