Beneficial State Foundation
Clean Vehicle Financing Assistance Pilot Program
Program Associate (Fresno)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt hourly position
Beneficial State Foundation is a unique foundation whose mission is to create, guide, and promote a new, beneficial banking model that transforms the banking industry.
We support the creation of an economy that benefits communities that have been left behind by the current economic system. We envision an economy that is equitable and generates social, economic, and environmental justice for all. To achieve this mission, we focus our energy on changing one of the pillars of the current economic system: the banking system.
This fall, Beneficial State Foundation was awarded a $5 million grant to administer the statewide Financing Assistance Pilot Project (FAPP), a three-year pilot program funded by the California Air Resources Board. The program will provide roughly 800 lower-income individuals with grants and low-cost financing to purchase electric and hybrid vehicles. We will implement this program in close partnership with Beneficial State Bank, the Center for Sustainable Energy, and GRID Alternatives.
The Program Associate will serve a critical role in the implementation of the Financing Assistance Pilot Project as part of a small, customer-facing team that assists all program participants through the application, loan prequalification, education, and vehicle purchasing process. The primary responsibilities of this position include providing customer service and managing necessary communications to ensure customers meet all program requirements. In addition, the Program Associate will support the Operations Manager as needed with data management, grant reporting, and coordinating with Beneficial State Bank staff to support customers through the process of securing a low interest rate loan and purchasing a qualifying clean vehicle. The ideal candidate is people-oriented with a strong attention to detail. S/he will comfortably juggle multiple tasks and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. S/he is empathetic and a good listener so as to quickly and clearly understand customers’ needs. S/he is also solutions oriented and naturally inclined to troubleshoot and see a project through to completion. This individual will enjoy being part of a dynamic team of very hardworking people that are passionate about social equity and environmental sustainability.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers through the application process, the education component, and the purchase of a qualifying clean vehicle with a low interest loan, in coordination with dealerships and Beneficial State Bank staff
- Ensure the customer meets all eligibility requirements to participate in the program
- Manage communications with participants with friendly and solution-oriented service
- Respond to public inquiries and customer requests, problems, and complaints regarding the Statewide Financing Assistance Pilot Project and provide assistance or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance
- Track and collect customer data in compliance with grant reporting requirements
- Support implementation and continued improvement of the FAPP customer management system
- Support the Operations Manager with system and procedural improvements, as needed
- Assists in strategic planning and program development
- Participate in quarterly program evaluation meetings
Education and Experience
- Preferred education – Associates Degree or above, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Proven success in customer service and/or client management
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Conversational Spanish fluency
- Skilled at finding solutions and providing high-quality customer service through creative problem solving and common sense while upholding procedural guidelines.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure and meet deadlines
- Capable importing, exporting, and converting data in various formats
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand auto financing and read financial statements
- Strong ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Driven and self-motivated to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Tact, diplomacy, good judgment, discretion and ability to make sound decisions with confidential and personal information
- Sensitivity to issues of low-wealth borrowers and communities and a desire to work in a racially and socially diverse organization
- Works independently with little supervision, asks questions when instructions aren’t clear
- Great sense of humor a plus
- Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Salary commensurate with experience and offering excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- To apply, please prepare a thoughtful cover letter and submit along with your resume. The position will remain posted until filled.
Beneficial State Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
You are applying for:
Beneficial State Foundation