Virtual Accounting Technician
Do you love the traditional office setting? Do you get excited to jump out of bed in the morning, dress up in stuffy clothes, and battle gridlock traffic to get to work on time? Do paper cuts get you jazzed up? Yawn - us either. Have we peaked your interest? Good, read on.
Maxim Management is a virtual CA firm that has completely adopted the cloud accounting ecosystem. We love apps, innovation and anything that makes our clients’ businesses run smoother. Keeping current with the latest and greatest cutting-edge technology and cloud-based software, we offer a totally virtual experience to our clients, allowing them to conduct business with us from wherever they are.
Our home base is located in a technology incubator in Lethbridge, Alberta, but don’t worry if that’s not in your neck of the woods. We aim to hire the most talented, passionate, and innovative professionals, and we recognize that these rockstars might not all be growing in our own backyard. That’s why we have created a virtual firm, allowing us to cultivate the top talent from across the country.
Are you our next rockstar?
We have an absolute passion for evolving the accounting profession, so we need team members who love accounting as much as we do. Geeky? Perhaps – but we geek out in the coolest way possible. We’re looking for an Accounting Tech who also fits that mold to join our team. You must be passionate, inspired, passionate, creative, passionate, ambitious, and passionate. Did we mention we’re looking for passion?
Our modern approach to accounting involves a ton of automation, giving you the opportunity to show us, our clients, and the world how much you have to contribute. Working from home, our Virtual Accounting Technician will be responsible for all facets of accounting services, including bookkeeping, payroll, GST preparation, tax preparation, drafting year-end financials, etc. You’ll work with our CPAs to assist our awesome clients with all of their accounting needs - including educating them on our processes, and helping to streamline their businesses.
We’re lucky to work with truly great clients, and we value their business. While we have a modern and casual culture, we never skimp on professionalism. We’ve set the bar at the highest notch possible when it comes to client relations, and this is something that we’re unwilling to compromise on.
We’ve created a culture that we think is really cool, and we think that you will too! We value our employees, and provide them with all of the tools they need to grow, develop and succeed. Our employees invest in us, and we invest in them. In exchange for your hard work and enthusiasm, Maxim offers a competitive salary, generous vacation allowance, lots of room for growth and advancement, and much more!
As a member of our team you will be responsible for providing high quality accounting and management services to our client base. We’ll need your help with the following key duties:
- Complete end-to-end bookkeeping.
- Year-end preparation.
- Liaise with third-party software vendors for routine account support matters.
- Support the team with third-party software implementations.
- Manage financial systems and identify any software errors, ensuring clients have access to current, real-time data.
- GST reporting, payroll, bank reconciliations, AR/AP reviews.
- Draft monthly or quarterly management reports.
- T2’s and financial statement drafts (hint: this should be snap since we’ve adopted the most automated systems available).
- Participate in virtual meetings with the Principal and other Maxim team members.
- Provide ongoing support to CPAs.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Reporting to the Manager, this dynamic role will work virtually from home.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following education and qualifications (we’re not just throwing these out to be fluffy catchphrases - we really need you on your game in these areas):
- University Degree in Accounting or Business Management.
- A minimum of two years of accounting experience, working with owner-managed companies.
- A minimum of two years of payroll experience.
- Experience using cloud-based accounting software such as QBO and Xero.
- Experienced and comfortable working with technology.
- A proven track record of professionalism.
- Experimental and forward thinking with a zest for change and innovation.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Exceptional communication skills, including phone, emails and web-based interaction.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new software with ease.
- Effective time management and self-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills.
Please DO NOT apply if you currently own a bookkeeping business.
You are applying for:
Virtual Accounting Technician