A stable company with a long track record of success. An assertive growth projection with a clear plan on how to reach those goals. A meaningful, long-term career with a company that has a strong, supportive management team and great work culture.
That’s the opportunity we’re offering – will you reach out and take it?
We’re Polycorp, and our cutting-edge polymer-based products extend the life of roads, railways and mining equipment by actively reducing the damage caused by continual wear and tear.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced Production Planner to help us maintain schedules, and continue our commitment to high quality and timely service.
Your purpose in this role will be to provide oversight and guidance for our entire production process. From the time that orders are placed for raw materials, to the moment when the last item leaves the production line, you’ll know what we’re making, how we’re making it, and when it needs to be done by.
Because we only do custom orders, you’ll need to be creative, highly flexible, and adaptable to changing circumstances. No two orders will be quite the same, so you’ll be capable of handling multiple competing priorities, and always have back up plans in place for when something hits the fan.
This role will require a strong background in industrial manufacturing, particularly scheduling and planning. To be successful, we need someone who understands that this is a fast-paced, high pressure, challenging job, and who is going to take leadership and ownership of their work.
You’ll be great in this role of you have the following as well:
- Authority – you’re a driver, not a follower. You aren’t afraid to communicate what you need to suppliers and other departments, even when that requires being assertive and pushing back to make sure things come out on time.
- Attention to detail – you can identify little problems before they become big ones, and are excellent at coming up with contingency plans.
- Communication – you are great at communicating clearly and effectively, and keep everyone, from manufacturing staff to management, in the loop.
This is a demanding role where you’ll have the opportunity to truly make your mark and put all your talents and abilities to use, with plenty of room for movement and growth within the company.
Working with Polycorp
This is a full-time permanent position, with a highly competitive compensation package. On top of salary, we also offer extended health and dental benefits.
We are a Canadian owned company with decades of history as a world leader in our field. We have a terrific company culture, and have appeared on Canada’s Best Managed Companies list for 5 straight years. If you’re ready to take on a career-defining role, this could be the place for you.
- Experience in material/production planning in the industrial manufacturing sector
- Significant experience with MRP/ERP software
- Experience working in custom, made-to-order manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, and superior knowledge of Excel (master sheets, advanced formulas. LOOKUPS etc.)
- Experience in a leadership role in the manufacturing industry (lead hand, team lead, supervisor etc.)
- Experience with lean methodology (Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.) an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in production planning, logistics, or similar
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: