Who We Are:
Alter Eco is looking for a passionate and dynamic intern to join its marketing team!
We are passionate about bringing delicious, enlightened indulgence to conscious consumers here in North America. We do this in the most sustainable way, directly working with farmers in different regions of the globe, and taking into account our impact on every step of the supply chain. Our certified “green” office is located in the Dogpatch in San Francisco, one of the burgeoning foodie neighborhoods in the foodie capital! In the past years, Alter Eco has experienced tremendous growth, and we are proud to be one of the newly established public benefit corporations in the USA.
Who You Are:
To join our team, you love food, specifically, artisanal, world-traveling, organic, fair trade and carbon neutral whole foods that create authentic, high-quality eating experiences. You are passionate about sustainability, fair trade and triple bottom line business. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and you are detail-oriented, dynamic, and can multi-task efficiently.
Alter Eco is looking for an intern who will support our marketing team in its brand management efforts across new product launches, consumer focused marketing campaigns and online communications.
- Marketing Campaigns Support and Coordination – estimate 20h per week
- Sales Presentations and Collateral - estimate 10h per week
- Basic design support for communication material – estimate 5 hours per week
- Digital Support/Content Generation – estimate 5 hours per week
The marketing intern will work closely with the Alter Eco brand manager, as well as with our digital marketing team.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You are studying, have studied or have experience working in communications or marketing.
- You can multi-task efficiently and work in a fluid and fast paced environment.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills. Showing a portfolio of what you’ve written in the past is a big plus (blog posts, reports, newsletters, etc).
- You are very detailed-oriented. You are organized and reliable.
- You are dynamic, outgoing and love to talk to consumers.
- You have a solid understanding of Web 2.0 technology (blogs, social networks, other online media) and how best to leverage these channels in a manner that is true to our brand.
- You are very proficient with Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of html, photoshop, and/or illustrator is a plus.
- Most importantly, you love food, specifically, artisanal, world-traveling, organic, fair trade and carbon neutral whole foods that create authentic, high-quality eating experiences. You are passionate about sustainability, fair trade and triple bottom line business.
ABOUT ALTER ECO:
About Alter Eco
Alter Eco® is a chocolate-centric, sustainability-directed food company that takes healthy indulgence to a whole new level. All Alter Eco products are USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Carbon Neutral Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten-Free (excluding Dark Salt & Malt Organic Chocolate). Recognized as a top certified Benefit Corporation and one of the first registered Public Benefit Corporations, Alter Eco is dedicated to full-circle sustainability throughout its operations and supply chain through four pillars: sourcing using Fair Trade principles, producing of only organic and non-GMO foods, creating minimal waste by working towards 100 percent compostable packaging, and in-setting carbon emissions by means of large-scale reforestation programs in the cooperatives that produce its crops. These principals are entwined with Alter Eco’s commitment to the highest quality ingredients and taste in all its products. More information is available at www.alterecofoods.com. Follow Alter Eco via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and Instagram.
You are applying for:
Alter Eco Foods
San Francisco, CA