Beneficial State Foundation
Clean Vehicle Financing Assistance Pilot Program:
Reports to: Director of Operations (based in Oakland, CA)
Location: Fresno, CA
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt-level position
Beneficial State Foundation is a unique foundation whose mission is to create, guide, and promote a new, beneficial banking model that transforms the banking industry.
We support the creation of an economy that benefits communities that have been left behind by the current economic system. We envision an economy that is equitable and generates social, economic, and environmental justice for all. To achieve this mission, we focus our energy on changing one of the pillars of the current economic system: the banking system.
This fall, Beneficial State Foundation was awarded a $5 million grant to administer the statewide Financing Assistance Pilot Project (FAPP), a three-year pilot program funded by the California Air Resources Board. The program will provide roughly 800 lower-income individuals with grants and low cost financing to purchase electric and hybrid vehicles. We will implement this program in close partnership with Beneficial State Bank, the Center for Sustainable Energy, and GRID Alternatives.
Beneficial State Foundation is seeking an Operations Manager to implement and oversee operations and customer service for the Financing Assistance Pilot Project. The Operations Manager will oversee a small team that will work with all FAPP applicants, assisting them from the first step of filling out an application to the final step of purchasing a clean vehicle and securing a low-interest loan. The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring all program participants receive support through the application, loan prequalification, education, and vehicle purchasing processes and meet all qualification requirements. This individual will play a key role in launching the customer management system and all related systems and procedures that will manage application processing, customer service and data collection. S/he will coordinate these efforts with the Program Director and key program partners, primarily Beneficial State Bank, the Center for Sustainable Energy, and GRID Alternatives.
The ideal candidate is mission-driven and detail-oriented with a knack for implementing and optimizing systems and procedures. This individual will skillfully manage a small team of two Program Associates. S/he will adeptly juggle multiple tasks and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. S/he is an empathetic problem-solver that will quickly understand participants’ needs and take action toward finding solutions. This individual will enjoy being part of a dynamic team of very hardworking people that are passionate about social change.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage operations and customer service for the Financing Assistance Pilot Project (FAPP), including but not limited to implementing a customer management system to support participants through the application and loan prequalification process, the education component, and the purchase of a qualifying clean vehicle with a low interest loan
- Manage web development to implement and maintain a Salesforce-based customer management system and identify and carry out improvements to the system as needed.
- Manage a team of two Program Associates and oversee applicant intake and processing, delegating tasks as necessary and appropriate.
- Coordinate with Beneficial State Bank staff and dealerships to streamline the customer experience of purchasing a clean vehicle and securing a low interest loan through the program.
- Ensure compliance with grant parameters, including but not limited to ensuring customers meet all eligibility requirements.
- Establish and maintain confidential project records that include consumer details (Federal Poverty Level, census tract, disadvantaged community designation, etc.) and assistance details (loan amount, interest rate, term, price buy-down amount, EVSE, training, etc.).
- Develop a system to track all disapproved financing assistance applications, including explanation(s) of disapproval.
- Establish and maintain financing assistance records.
- Support quarterly reporting requirements in accordance with the California Air Resources Board grant parameters.
- Identify opportunities and take initiative to improve operations efficiency and quality.
- Assists in strategic planning and program development.
- Participate in quarterly program evaluation meetings.
Education and Experience
- Preferred education – BA/BS or above, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ years minimum professional experience, ideally with proven success in management positions with a customer service and/or client management focus
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Some level of experience working in community banks or Credit Unions or managing a loan fund preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Project and people management skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and develop new programs and initiatives
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to research, monitor, and track pertinent program data and information, utilizing Excel to produce reports for different stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand auto financing and read financial statements
- Driven and self-motivated to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Tact, diplomacy, good judgment, discretion and ability to make sound decisions with confidential and personal information
- Sensitivity to issues of low-wealth borrowers and communities and a desire to work in a racially and socially diverse organization
- Works independently with little supervision, asks questions when instructions aren’t clear.
- CA driver’s license and ability to drive required
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Great sense of humor a plus
- Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally requires driving up to four hours at a time.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and offering excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k and more.
Beneficial State Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
You are applying for:
Beneficial State Foundation